Question About Osamu Tezuka's Phoenix

I was wondering when the new Phoenix will coming to the U.S.?Because I know they played at the Museum of Modern Art's anime exhibition last year in N.Y.C. and where can I get a good fan sub of Phoenix 2772?I have the Austrailian dub on VHS and it's okay I guess for an unedited dub done 20 years ago.

I saw a fan sub of the older one years and years ago. I hope the new one hits the US Theatres.

397413[/snapback]

I think it would be wonderful if the Tezuka Museum sent a touring exhibit to the U.S.It's sad when most main stream bookshops don't carry his stuff but have tons of copies of Fruits Baskets.I guess the almighty dollar dictates that but if wasn't for Tezuka there would be no anime or manga.

Its like that with all popular mediums. Would we have Superhero comics as we know them today without Jack Kirby? Probably not but the kids dont care. They all want Michael Turner...

I was wondering when the new Phoenix will coming to the U.S.?Because I know they played at the Museum of Modern Art's anime exhibition last year in N.Y.C. and where can I get a good fan sub of Phoenix 2772?I have the Austrailian dub on VHS and it's okay I guess for an unedited dub done 20 years ago.

397039[/snapback]

There's a good fansub of Phoenix 2772: Love's Cosmozone. I downloaded it months ago. I think this is the same thing: http://tracker.ryalth.com:6969/torrents/d1...28b0472.torrent

Also the dub you're referring to is a Hong Kong dub, not an Australian one, and there are two versions of it, the Celebrity Just for Kids! release like the Clash of the Bionoids one is cut to hell (and called Space Firebird), but the Best Film & Video version (called Phoenix 2772) is uncut, but still has that bad HK dub and it's an EP VHS tape either way, so quality is not great.

The recent show is licensed by Media Blasters/Anime Works, but I have not heard of a release date. Furthermore, with the manga, 6 volumes of the 12 that Osamu Tezuka completed before his death are available from Viz in English. They're really, really good, especially Space (volume 2), which Phoenix 2772 is loosely based on. Space is probably the best piece of "sequential art" or graphic novel or whatever snooty term you would like to use to say "comic book".

There's a good fansub of Phoenix 2772: Love's Cosmozone. I downloaded it months ago. I think this is the same thing: http://tracker.ryalth.com:6969/torrents/d1...28b0472.torrent

You don't happen to have a torrent with a pulse for that ;)

397792[/snapback]

Try it again as it is working. :)

397808[/snapback]

398032[/snapback]

Sadly I'm using a library computer I'll have to do when I go to Delaware for a couple days.Thanx guys.