Initial D American

Caught this a while back and suprised no one really posted on this, a search found a few posts in the Intial D: The Movie Thread but not much. Well the trailer is out for The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift and well after watching it i realized this is Initial D and made American. Now i have not seen the anime or read the manga, but i have been caught in the bombardment of drifting. Anyway here is the trailer and after is my take on how this came to be.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/th...rift/large.html

Anyway i saw this a American remake of Initial D, now while i have no real idea i can see this being formed from Initial D, so enjoy my rant.

Meeting of Hollywood people

"Alright we need a new Fast and the Furious movie, but we need to be more real, seems using nox to reach 120 isn't real, so what now?"

"Well I have been reading a manga called Initial D it involves a thing called drifting. Appears to be big in Japan, maybe we can cash in on those anime freaks."

"Brilliant. Okay we use this drifting thing, now we need the make hero American so we can identify with the racers here. The japanese like angst, so lets make him maxium angst so the anime people like him. Now we need a bad guy, whats bad in tokyo?"

"I think we can use the Japanese mafia, the. . .Yazuka, yea they're called the Yazuka."

"Great, now he wants something the hero wants. A hot girl who's down with bling, bling. So he makes money winning drift races making her want him and later fall in love and he has to win her in a grand drift race in the heart of Tokyo."

"Uh i don't think drifting happens in Tokyo . . ."

"SHUT UP! We need to show the racers drifting is so hardcore they can do it on crowded streets."

Well thats my take. On the side who would be crazy enough to drift in Tokyo anyway? Like seeing American racers trying that in New York, course i would be there with a video camera, probably send in those crashes to AFV, if the DEA agent shooting himself with his Glock then a car crash should be hilarious. Okay I'm done, at least i feel better getting this out of my system. OF course i will be seeing the movie for the hot Japanese babes myself.

Cruel Angel's Thesis

Edit: Link does work

Edited by Cruel Angel's Thesis

Woohoo!  More tacky-ass stickers on the sides of cars!

392224[/snapback]

the are only stickers.... T_T my life is now ruined, i spent money to get mine painted... not! >:D

seriously, after reading the first post and watching the trailer, i could not stop laughing.

couple of things missing for this movie...

1: Vin Diesel

2: no karaoke machines to be found in cars during crashes.

3: street gangs not using 10 speed bicycle.

4: a giant lizard.

5: cars were not able to transform into robots.

6: Vin Diesel