What The Heck Happened On Ebay?

GutsAndCasca

Usually ebay has a super-abundance of Yamato 1/48 valkyries, but the other night I checked it out and WHOAH! All of the sudden all the valks are getting actually auctioned instead of having set prices, and there was hardly anything there!!! Is ebay running out of yamato dealers? Are the dealers running dry? Or are they just trying to milk us now?

I think many of the sellers have realised Yamato will be/have been re-releasing many 1/48 in the coming months. Bidding is the last chance they have to off load their stock for a good price (I assume there are still many do not know about the VF-1A Hikki re-release). My guess.

I think its just the calm before the storm.

sellers have stopped/slowed listing b/c

ex: vf-1a cf isnt selling as high as before / the

vf-1j hikki wasnt moving either / vf-1s is over abundant

i see the vf1a cf sell for about 100. not 135 like before.

maybe sellers know that with May about to arrive

bidders aren't buying b/c of the new releases.

bidders are saving up.

I really dont know; this is my interpretation of whats going on

If the vf0 and Garland wasn't going to be released I may have ended up buying a 1J for the GBP.

391699[/snapback]

I just bought a vf1j hikaru 'cuz I figured I'd better get one before they're gone for good! Crap. What exactly IS going to be rereleased and how much money will they be???

Roy will always be rereleased, that's a given. I'd guess if the Demand was high enough you'll see 1A Max come back since they're already doing HIkki. Hell, a simple repaint and we'd have Kaz as well. Yamato's not stupid. They only have a couple basic molds and as long as they can recolor them, then they'll keep re-releasing them (ie: 1A hikkie, Max, Cf, and I wish a Kaz, IS roy and hikkie and all the TV valks) the only things I don't see them re-releasing are these :

The 1A Low viz (since it was released in a Limited edition, re-releasing this would really piss off the hard core collectors, who bought it under the premise it would be rare)

The 1/60's (Because with the overwheming popularity of the 1/48's it would be stupid)

the 1/72 Macross Plus (They've come a long way since then, and the only way you'll see another YF-19 is in the 1/48 scale, but that just might be my wishful thinking)

The VF-0S (It might be reissued eventually but at least you know there's no repaint coming)

Umm...don't bet your life on it. Yamato have broken the rules with the VF-1A Low Vis II, they might hit us with other silly VF-0S variatant, but I won't complain....y...u...m...more VF-0S ^_^^_^^_^

The VF-0S (It might be reissued eventually but at least you know there's no repaint coming)

392591[/snapback]

Edited by Mowe

Roy will always be rereleased, that's a given. I'd guess if the Demand was high enough you'll see 1A Max come back since they're already doing HIkki. Hell, a simple repaint and we'd have Kaz as well. Yamato's not stupid. They only have a couple basic molds and as long as they can recolor them, then they'll keep re-releasing them (ie: 1A hikkie, Max, Cf, and I wish a Kaz, IS roy and hikkie and all the TV valks) the only things I don't see them re-releasing are these :

The 1A Low viz (since it was released in a Limited edition, re-releasing this would really piss off the hard core collectors, who bought it under the premise it would be rare)

The 1/60's (Because with the overwheming popularity of the 1/48's it would be stupid)

the 1/72 Macross Plus (They've come a long way since then, and the only way you'll see another YF-19 is in the 1/48 scale, but that just might be my wishful thinking)

392591[/snapback]

It is highly doubtfull we will see a 1/48 YF-19 due to the size the toy would be. In 1/48 scale it would be a couple of inches shorter than Fortress Maximus. The original Yamato M+ release was in 1/72 scale.

Most likely a new release would be in 1/60 scale, but we could hope for 1/55 B))

Hey Roy, great quote! Calvin and Hobbes definitely shaped a lotta' my outlook on life when I read it as a kid. I feel bad for any youth who grow up never knowing -

A: Robotech/Macross

B: Calvin and Hobbes