Battlepod Decals....

jadefalconguard

Hi guys,

I just received a recast of a 1/72nd Zentradi Battlepod from a shop in Hong Kong. The quality of the recast is very good with only minor flash and almost no marks from the mold. :p

I always liked this basic canon fodder zentradi mecha as it was my first mecha I ever build as a kid and it stuck with me, even after 33 years :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm looking for decals the complete the kit in later stage....Does someone know where to find these ? I looked on HLJ, Twin Moons, Starship modeller even tried google but alas no such luck.

Does some one have an idea ? :ph34r:

What kit is that more accurately...?

381111[/snapback]

Captain America did a high detail 1/72 regult kit, but I can't remember if it came with decals. I have it buried in storage, so can't check it out, but if it does, maybe you can find out who printed them up for him. You might also try PMing Anasazi37, as I think he is "the man" for producing decals. Not sure if did the Regult kits or not, but if you can get a good scan from someone, he might be able to help. He might also be able to take a scan of decals for the 1/100 and blow them up if all else fails.....

edit:spelling

Edited by RT junkie

I have Captain's ultimate Regult myself. It doesn't have decals. I will propably paint the markings.

Basically I was thinking if it could be a recast of Captain's work... I really hope not, and I don't believe it either. For example E2046 has some Regult recast, and they're HK.

Edited by Sdf-1

I have Captain's ultimate Regult myself. It doesn't have decals. I will propably paint the markings.

Basically I was thinking if it could be a recast of Captain's work... I really hope not, and I don't believe it either. For example E2046 has some Regult recast, and they're HK.

381160[/snapback]

Are those based straight off the old Imai kits?

The only recast I have ever seen is of the old IMAI. No changes, just big subassemblies cast as single parts. Not much poseability.

I don´t think you will see a recast of Captain America´s Regult - the average recaster who wants to make a quick buck would never take the time or even be able to copy it - far too complex! :D I love that thing!

I remember there was a thread connected to the Captain´s Regult that had images of the main markings as templates. Maybe these could help - but the IMAI pod is smaller so they should be resized.

I haven't seen this "recast" myself, but from what I've heard, it's simply a resin casting of the old Imai model... Seems like a bit of a waste, honestly.

381210[/snapback]

Yeah, that's the one I remember reading about too. :rolleyes:

I don´t think you will see a recast of Captain America´s Regult - the average recaster who wants to make a quick buck would never take the time or even be able to copy it - far too complex! :D

381227[/snapback]

That's an interesting point. And most likely true, though I have no experience of mold making etc so I could fully understand, but basically I know what's it about. Yeah, there are easier & cheaper things to copy.

Oh, I was thinking when I got John's Regult, if anybody made decals for it. But I'm pretty sure nobody didn't. And actually, I think using templates will look better, except some very small decals could look good in addition. I'm not sure about the official Regult markins though. But I believe Captain's template is so canon as possible. And if you wanted, you could make custom decals using that for help. Hmm, I should sometimes try that stuff.

Edited by Sdf-1

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. The kit itself is a very basic recast. If I remember correctly it's the Imai kit that has it subassemblies recasted. I'm afraid I don't know the kit from Captain America but it sounds very nice.

The kit comes from LokHobby in Hong Kong and it's nicely casted. Costed me $58. It was the only kit I found so I bought it.

I'll try to make some templates and spray paint them on :lol: