Neon Genesis Evangelion: Eoe Part 2 Question

Oihan

At about 29 mins and 14 seconds into the second part of EoE we see Lilith's neck get slashed a violin starts playing and then we see Rei on top of Shinji. The piece lasts for about 2 minutes and 45 seconds before another musical piece kicks in. I was hoping if anyone here would know the name of that piece that's played? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

That BGM song you're looking for, is crpytically called M9. Don't ask me what M9 means. There's another song called M4. At least that's what it was labeled in kazaa when I got it ages ago.

Ph34r my nerdniness. ;)

Post the box cover art of the DVD will help me find the one you're talking about...

361514[/snapback]

What I have are fansubs.... :X All I know is that it's the second part of EoE and it starts playing when Lilith's neck is slashed and the head starts to fall off. We see Rei on top of Shinji, Shinji asks if he's dead, Rei says that Shinji got his wish and they're in the LCL or something to that extent. I wasn't sure if it was two dvds or what with EoE. I did some more research and there is no "part 2"...it was just the fansub I got. So it's actually about 1 hr and 16 minutes into the movie when the song starts playing.

It just occured to me that M9 might not be its name but its track number on the CD.

This is the song listing for EoE OST.

The End of Evangelion

Description: BGM and some OST from the movie: The End of Evangelion.

Track List:

1.) Tanin No Kanshoo

2.) Manatsu No Shuuen

3.) Taikoo E No Kinkyuu Hinan

4.) Itsuwari No, Saisei

5.) Mikawari No Shinnyuu

6.) II Air (Orchestral Suite No. 3 In D Major, BWV. 1068)

7.) Sorashiki Nagare

8.) Thanatos - If I Can't Be Yours

9.) Hajimari E No Toohi

10.) Fuan To No Mitsugetsu

11.) Komm, Susser Tod (M-10 Director's Edit Version)

12.) Jesus Bleibet Meine Freude (Herz Und Mund Und Tat Und Leben BWV. 147)

13.) Heisoku No Kakudai

14.) Yume No 'Skimmer'

Maybe its Hajimari E No Toohi.

I eventually found a torrent for the OST of EoE and it turns out that the song I was looking for is track 13 - Heisoku No Kakudai, which was composed by Shiro Sagisu!!!!!!!!!! I just LOVE the way this piece starts out...makes me melt. Thanks again for all the help. I GREATLY appreciate it!

Edit: And I MUST say, I LOVE Shiro Sagisu's work!!!! He also created some of the songs that I LOVE on Macross II!!!!!! Such as Futari, Kizuna, Kyoukou Toppa, and Tsubasa (all found on Macross II OST Vol. 2.) I never knew he also composed pieces for Eva as well till today...! lkjasdfh I'm just in awe.... If neither of you have heard of any of his work....YOU SHOULD. So beautiful...! Alright, I'm done acting an obsessed fanboy. Back to drooling and melting away at Shiro's master pieces....

Edited by Oihan

Yeah that peice is beautiful. Sagisu also did the happy-go-lucky Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo (His and Her Circumstances) scores which I adore, but I think his best cd is the Evangelion Live Symphony concert, great presentation of most of the signature Eva peices so you don't have to buy all the cds and end up with 20 variations of 'Fly Me to the Moon' :rolleyes: