Model Master Clear Coat

DatterBoy

I've been using the Model Master Top Coat to protect my Custom JM... unfortunately. this seems to be destroying my custom job. Basically, the top coat remains sticky and is gathering everything from dust, to hair, and flakes of paint chips. This really sucks.

I used to to primarily cover over heavy points of friction and over painted details. The details were tamiya paints painted on top of Krylon as my base colors. I did not put the top coat over the Krylon cuz Fusion does not need it... it is rock hard when dry.

I have heard that many people use Future, but the guy at the hobby shop recommended this...

Is this stickiness normal? And will it go away? How long is it supposed to take to dry? Can I buff all the random crap out or remove the junk without messing up my custom?

Thanks in advance.

Oh oh! sounds like if it hasn't cured in a week, you may have to strip it. I bet the Model Master and Krylon clash. Get a spare piece of plastic to check the two together. If I recall correctly you Kryloned in white (base coat) AND blue, right? The good news is that the resin won't get attacked as easily if you do have to strip it down. Sorry man, I know the "agony of defeat" too - it's sticky for months!