Bloodrayne Statues Now On Sale! (update)

I just got word from Martian Factory today that my statue has been completed and is now on its way, with a refund on shipping no less because of the amount of time it took to produce the damn thing. I have been waiting since June for this thing and from what I have heard, I will not be disappointed. I will definitely be posting pictures of the statue as soon as I get it so all you BloodRayne fans can see it. I just hope I did not flush $150.00 down the drain...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I finally got my BloodRayne statue from Martian Factory today and the first thing I found was that her right arm was broken, despite the fact that they used an ammo dump's worth of styrofoam peanuts and other insulation to pack her. Easy enough to fix, and it doesn't even show. However, while I think this model is excellently detailed, the person who painted it must have been cross-eyed. I mean, come on... For the price they charged for these things, you'd think they could pay a professional figure painter. I've seen one-coin figures with better paint jobs. There are spots where the painter just ran over the lines, like a 2 year-old with a coloring book. And then there is the kit itself. It could have used a little putty here and there to fill in the seams, but Martian Factory was rushed to get these things out, so they cut back a little it seems (No pun intended).

With this said, the best thing about this model is the base. While the thought of a dismembered victim lying at Rayne's feet with the gore in all its glory showing turns some people off, this is really well done. The stuff they used to imitate the blood looks positively real, and I had to touch it to see if it is wet. The images below do not do this justice. It really does look like Rayne just cut this thing open.

In finishing, I would give this resin statue a 7 out of ten. It is a decent enough figure, but a professional builder and painter would have boosted this to a 10. And the fact that there are only 200 of them being produced, the price would have been justified by a good paint job. Images are below. Sorry about the file sizes, but I wanted them large enough for you to see.

bloodrayne01.jpg

bloodrayne02.jpg

He might as well start trying to make extra money-I heard that his latest masterpiece bombed like Nagasaki over the weekend...