I Won! I Won! I Won!

SebastianP

I was just informed that I won an online contest on another site, and that my prize was a Hasegawa VE-1 Elintseeker kit - which was a great surprise, in all senses of the word. I usually never win anything...

While I'm waiting for the kit to arrive, I've decided to do some planning for how I want the finished model to look. Rule number one is: No allover white. In fact, no large white surfaces at all, if it can be avoided - because once I open that tin, the model is usually doomed. (It's gotten a little better in the last year, but brushing on white paint thin enough to level out is a pain in the rear that I'll happily avoid for all time).

So, what do I do instead? The only option I can think of off hand that I can make look any good, would be a US Navy-style two-tone scheme with color insignia and modexes (spares from a Tomcat kit). I could do all-over black, as well - though with no white Modexes, and no masking skills for the big eye thing on the rotodome it, it wouldn't look near as good; and all-over Gunship Gray - which makes any and all red details stick out like beacons.

Does anyone have any good ideas for how to paint this thing?

SP

Congratulations! I think your idea for the paint job would look very nice. So when will u be receiving the prize?

354443[/snapback]

Not until well after the new year - I've been told that the earliest opportunity for mailing the kit my way won't be until the 28th or so. It's a tossup what'll get here first - my prize, or my previous order from HLJ (a VF-0 with Ghost which shipped three weeks ago).

I'm considering ordering a VF-0D and a Strike Valk express after Christmas - I can afford it easy, though it means I'll be eating a lot of canned food this month. Which would probably be good for me, anyway, I need a break from fries-with-meat.

SP

• 2 weeks later...

You could do an all over black or Navy Blue with grey cammo scheme.

The Elint Seeker is a space based AWAC craft and thus it would stand to reason that it would have visual cammo to allow it blend in with space and any asteroids it may be near.

As cool as the paint scheme is on the box, I really didn't care for how it made the craft stand out so much.

just a few suggestions... B))