VF-19A Lose Chest

Nitrous

Hi guys...

Wanna ask about the VF-19A which I got yesterday (yes, I am late to the party), it was pretty cheap (only USD$45 at my local store, he got 2 more MISB).

I tried transforming it from battroid to the fighter, and then back to battroid again (to be stored in the box). However, when it was back to battroid again, the torso (i.e. the part which has the head that covers the cockpit and the fighter's nose, if I am not mistaken, it is called TAB A) is very loose. Everytime I topple it over, the head portion (Tab A) will come off, and the head will me dangling...

It looked like a beheaded man with some veins still attached to the body... :blink: u get what I mean...

Anyway, did I get a fake bootleg (I doubt it cause Yamato's logo is all over), or it is just the toy is known to have this problem? I could not bear with the loose torso, especially after you have 1/48 VF-1 around...

Any idea in getting the torso to lock properly? Or maybe there is a way to lock it down which I missed out?

Thanks guys...

Don't worry, it's not a bootleg. Seeing how complicated the Yamato Valkyries are, it would require a great amount of effort just to even attempt to make a cheap rip-off, which would be impossible.

I thought TAB-A was the tab behind the canard section, that keeps that section straight in fighter mode?

Hey- cool avatar... :p

I have checked out Graham's post, and in the pics that was attached, it shows that it is Tab A. Check out the link :

Graham's YF-19 review-scanned manual

It is on Pic no 4. It is the piece which the head is attached to, while the piece which is behind the canards is the infamous Tab B.

The Tab A is loose when it is battroid mode. Graham did not mention the loose torso in his review, so I think it is either I got a screwy VF-19A or I do not know how to transform properly (hey, the manual only shows from battroid to fighter, not vice versa... :( )

Cheers!

Welcome aboard.

If this is what you're talking about, the chest area does not lock over the nosecone when you transform it. It just sits on it. The pic is referring to sections A, B and C of the fuselage. Where B and C in the picture meet together in fighter mode is where the Tab A/Tab B were. The Tab B problem was with the 1st edition YF-19. All you can do is be careful where you put it, so you don't topple it over, and make sure you position the legs good so it doesn't lean in battroid. I leave mine in fighter mode on one of Sithlord's stands, personally.

To transform from Fighter to Battroid, you just reverse the instructions exactly.

Edit in: 45 bucks is a steal for one of those, by the way. Nice find. Where are you at?

Edited by Anubis

Welcome,

And yes, you did find a really good price on those... You said the supplier had two more? Would he sell them for the same price? If so, then I would buy them up and resell them on ebay for some extra cash.... B) (is that a bad thing to do? :unsure: )

As far as your question though... It appears you have the answer.

Man I LOVE that valk... got two myself... paid $60 for one and $50 for the other...

Have fun here! :)

Hey, thanks a lot for the reply. Looks like either I leave the battroid standing up properly, or make it into the fighter. I was actually expecting it to have a resounding "Click" and lock properly... :(

Yea, I was bowled over when I saw it at first, MISB still available.. He was offering me $80 for it. After bargaining and threatening that he may not be able to sell the remaining toys (since he has 3), he gave in to the price of $45. However, his transaction is cash only, that is why I got only one (hey, $45 is really a lot of cash in my country, I dont usually carry $45 around :blink: )

Anyway, thanks a lot for the tips... hmm mebe I can get a tape and tape the torso tightly together... :ph34r:

Yeah I was disapointed in this too as even the Bandais had a little nub with detent for it on theirs. Still, unlike the 1/60 and 1/48 it looks like the YF-19 was designed around battroid mode. A bigger concern (to me) was that the head wasn't as well hidden as the Bandais, though they had to fudge the sculpt a bit to do it.

I still like it better than the Bandais. :)