Gunparade Ochestra

wolfx

For the people who thought the GPM storyline was crap since it never resolved anyuthing about the war between them and the Phantom Monsters, hopefully this sequel will have it. Gunparade Ochestra has a whole new set of characters and what looks like PenPen the penguin in a trenchcoat. :blink:

The mecha looks cool though. Reminds me abit of Aestivalis.

http://www.gpo-anime.jp/

Well the first one only sold anything because of Kosuke Fujishima being involved and since fans will be fans it's not really surprising that they are trying to earn more money from it. It's the same with the Sakura Wars materials.

Frankly the character designs don't make me want to watch this and the mechs look pretty damned chessy in a MTNT kinda way, and the CG work is VERY sub-standard.

Oh I'm sure the games are fine! But really the only thing that they have going for them is the art involved. So it already has an instant fanbase of some size.

It's the same way with movies and TV shows(anime included). Toss out a 'name' that is highly recognizable(Cameron? Spielburg? Cruise? Lina Inverse?) and people will be attracted.

Oh I'm sure the games are fine! But really the only thing that they have going for them is the art involved. So it already has an instant fanbase of some size.

It's the same way with movies and TV shows(anime included). Toss out a 'name' that is highly recognizable(Cameron? Spielburg? Cruise? Lina Inverse?) and people will be attracted.

344860[/snapback]

I thought the GPM games were great in their terms of non-linearity? Apparently no game has reached that height of non-linearity gameplay and thus its fanbase. You could be the Class president/Combat General, the mechanic, the pilot, or some other role in the classroom, then you get to date different girls, and you see your class diminish as more of your classmates die in battle. Sounds real cool to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched this yesterday. I have to say its pretty good. Or i am just a sucker for highschool kids being part of a military unit and piloting mecha. :lol:

Something curious though, from the OP scenes, seems there are people who can summon wolves and big swords ala magic. Magic in GPO? Weird.