Lord of Byston Well #01 Dunbine

Rabidweezil

I always thought the Dunbine stuff was pretty cool. I've been looking forward to the new "lord of byston well" series and was wondering if anyone has picked up, or heard anything about the first one that was recently released?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN934785

Basically, I'm wondering if it's worth getting?

Thanks in advance :)

oh crap. i like the way that looks I have been wanting to get some nice Dunbine figures for quite some time and this one looks great.

thanks very much for the link :)

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Here are my thoughts on this great but delicate figure. The joints are not as sturdy as I thought it would be. Toes on mine are loose, one of my knees is quite loose, while others are tight enough, but not really tight. I did realize that the clear PVC & ABS for joints they use on Dunbine is less rubbery/sticky compare to the regular black ones used for SIC line and causing the joints looser, in order to get the 'see through glowing' look on the Dunbine. This makes the Dunbine a step back from being an action figure, and more of a delicate poseable statue. There are multiple joints on neck, shoulders, and waist, but unfortunately the range is very limited due to parts in the way, making it hard to pose really dynamic poses. And after handling the figure, the spine stand is a god sent! It attaches securely to the deeper ball socket in the back, and making the figure displays very solid in any pose without any worries of toppling over. Without the stand, there is no way the joints would last with all that weight the figure has.

After getting familiar with the delicate nature of the figure, this is afterall a work of art by Takeya. So beautiful and so detailed. Accessories are nice as they attaches tightly on the figure. And the hand holds the diecast heavy solid really solid regardless how skinny the fingers looked! ;) The black wash on the figure looks great, similar to other SIC figures. Don't look cheap to me or made the purple paint look any less good. Very nice actually, with an organic dirty feel and brings out a lot of sculpted detail/texture on the figure.

Other than the loose joints(which is not much of an issue thanks to the stand), this figure is well worth the $40, and one of the most beautiful figure in my SIC collection.

The head actually looks very nice. Not as nice when the classic mask is on. A bit bulky on the face. But looks very organic and elegant with the mask off, mimmicking the Sirbine look from the OVA a lot! Though the clear brown 'goatee' bothers me a little. But one can always paint it if you want.

Vol.2 Virunvee is HUGE compare to Dunbine, which is already pretty big.

Vol.2 Virunvee is HUGE compare to Dunbine, which is already pretty big.

339680[/snapback]

do you have pictures of it?

chris

• 4 months later...