GX-28 SOC Xabungle

drifand

great review!!

SOC's are one thing I buy without waiting for reviews, but I was seriously concerned about the Xabungle. For the small price I was thinking it would be tiny. Of course I preordered it anyway. Waiting for it to arrive as we speak.. I think the included snap kit is pretty generous of them.

What's the size comparison to the SOC Mazingers?

great review!!

SOC's are one thing I buy without waiting for reviews, but I was seriously concerned about the Xabungle. For the small price I was thinking it would be tiny. Of course I preordered it anyway. Waiting for it to arrive as we speak.. I think the included snap kit is pretty generous of them.

What's the size comparison to the SOC Mazingers?

335865[/snapback]

Thanks Gup,

From another post on TBDX, here's a pic showing the Xaby next to the 1/144 Kado Senshi RX-78 as well as the recent SOC Zambo Ace:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1830/xa...mparison0md.png

Still some debate over the relative 'looseness' of the shoulder weapons. Some owners say that theirs snap on perfectly. Mine - even when pressed hard and flush with the shoulders - will pop off if you just nudge it, especially the left-side. So I'm resigned to putting only the 3-tube 'zooka on the Xaby and letting the 'Brock handle the 9-tube pod. Good compromise for a bad situation.

Cool, thnx for the link. Well I own a MPC Alpha so I'm prepared to mentally cope with any looseness issues!

Are the shoulder weapon problems due to teh cannon being too heavy, or the hole too big or too shallow? Just wondering if I can fix it with a bit of crazy glue around the hole (or peg) to give it some thickness to stay there better.

Damn, now I have to go het a HCM Walker Gallier after seeing your cool group shot!

Drifand, great pics & review. Surprised it matches so well with the HCM Galliar. Fortunately, I am not a big fan of Xabungle, and your review helped me to make up my mind not getting this one. I don't mind the figure small, as long as its well made & very sturdy. But if its fiddly like you mentioned, and a bunch of part swapping, its definitely a big no no for me.