Secondlife.com, anyone there yet?

Splash

Someone's going to be the first to establish a UNSpacy base at Secondlife.com and start building VF's for sale or rent! For that matter, an abitious member could build a virtual SDF-1 and take it for a spin.

I'd like to say I've been there and done that, but I'm still on yesterday's OS. However I do know anime-style chars and furries are about to overrun the place. Thus I have an idea of what's possible.

Until I decide to buy Tiger, I'm just a wanna-be.

SecondLife is a online "game" that allows you to pretty much create whatever in game through basic 3D-style construction and then put your own (or someone else's) scripts in it to make it move.

I hung out there a while about a year and a half ago. It was a great way to kill time, but unfourtunately hitting my wall with my programing abilities combined with my evaporating free time kinda shut the whole thing down for me.

Too bad, as I had a really fun time with it all.

It's not for everyone, that's for sure, but if you can have fun playing in a giant virtual sandbox it's pretty life absorbing.

SecondLife

Here's a PR video they recently made showing some of the stuff users have made

Edited by LePoseur

Sounds interesting to me. I tried SWG and got bored with it, but I think this may stay fun longer.. And it's free.

That and I actually exceed all the minimum system specs for once.

EDIT: I actually didn't realize the basic account was free at first.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wesker99

Someone's going to be the first to establish a UNSpacy base at Secondlife.com and start building VF's for sale or rent! For that matter, an abitious member could build a virtual SDF-1 and take it for a spin.

I'd like to say I've been there and done that, but I'm still on yesterday's OS. However I do know anime-style chars and furries are about to overrun the place. Thus I have an idea of what's possible.

Until I decide to buy Tiger, I'm just a wanna-be.

335204[/snapback]

ARMORD sells transforming VF avatars. Off the top of my head I can recall he's got a CF 1A, the Max and Milia 1J, the Roy 1S, and the DYRL Hikaru 1A.