Translation Needed for 6 Foot Daedalus

MechTech

I need some details from the Macross Perfect Memory Book Translated so I can finish the blueprints for my 6 foot SLV-111 Daedalus model. My children are old enough now that I can finish this project! I have most of the details drawn, I just don't know what some of them are! The styrene sheets are sitting in the box just waiting to get cut. This week I'm hoping to get the detail parts/sides cut on a laser engraver for accuracy and speed. Any translator suggestions? Any fellow fans out there wanna help out?

I do have some details done in Powerpoint from another time and would be happy to share/post what I have for requesters.

if the Daedalus original size is 488 M and you wanted at 6 Ft would that make it around 1/270 scale..? why the odd size..? wouldn't be more logicall making it at 1/200 for the nichimos or othr known scale?

hold on, I got a new calculation about 1/30 scale...Where are the mathematicians when i need them...!! ?

I turned meters into feet, feet into inches, divided inches by scale (200 or 260), devided scale inches by 12 to see scale feet.

real meters: 488

real feet: 1601

real inches: 19212

1/200 in: 96.06

1/200 ft: 8.01

1/260 in: 73.89

1/260 ft: 6.16

:D

Edited by THOR

You're absolutely right about the measurements. Miyatake made some design contradictions though. Some of his views for width or length don't match up, so I worked with what I know, the battloids and other nores by Miyatake. The one smallest view is of course, head on during the Daedalus manuever. Miyatake's drawings state the destroids line up 7 abreast in the opening. In the series they show 5 abreast. I took the 7 abreast road (1 foot). Just right for 2 MAC-II's side by side (impossible to put that illusive 3rd one in there by any dimensions).

I then took the Imai Macross model and used the Daedalus because the dimension and details are consistent with most drawings and it scaled up perfectly! All of the deck clearances and everything else line up EXCEPT that 488m length (244cm in reality or 8 flippin' feet)! If you take the proper width in 1/200 (about a foot) and add an eight foot length, it's way warped, like SD warped! Six foot is just right with that 1 foot width.

For the translations, what I have are LARGE scans, like 1 and 2 Mb!!! If I resize them, you can't read the text. If you don't think anyone cares, I'll post them. Otherwise I don't mind e-mailing you. Just PM me if you want the scans. I'll post my aircraft photos seperate.