VF-Valkyrie 1/55 series

Agent-GHQ

Just having dificult when removing residues from my 1/55 Valkyrie. Its the kind of residue that feels ruff. Kind of like the result of using "Super Glue" when the plastic is detached or separated.

And does anyone know how they become oxidize or turned yellow?

If your looking to remove the white residue that is produced from using "Crazy" glue, then I think you might have to wet sand the area with 1200 or higher grit sand paper. After you are done sanding then you can use the polisher to smooth the surface even further and produce and nice smooth appearance. Beware, this only applies well the WHITE (and I mean WHITE, not off-white, not close to white, but WHITE) valkyries. If the valk is slightly yellowed then you will end up with an unsightly bright spot.

Or unless, your looking to paint it the option is yours, restore or custom.

Hope this helps.

NB4M

;)

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Oh, definitely to restore its condition. Originally, I was using this thinner like agents from "Liquid Luster" to remove an applied sticker price. As I rub the agent with a q-tip, it started to smear and dried immediately resulting in a weird ruff/ hard surface. Its really weird and I got to find a away to remove it. I'm frustrated!

I think the first thing you should do is take the valkyrie apart. You don't want to try and remedy the problem with the valkyrie fully intact.

From the looks of it, it seems as if what you used had a bad chemical reaction that actually melted the parts in question.

You might want to consider wet sanding the part with 1200 grit. Then, once the part seems somewhat smooth, polish it with a dremel tool and polishing attachment.

Other than that, you either find replacement parts or paint it.

Just remember when restoring a toy, it really is about patience. You must not rush the process of wanding as it will damage the parts further (loosing details and such).

If you are coming to the Con, bring it with you and I'm more than sure I can help.

Remember, patience is the key.

NB4M

;)

They turn yellow through direct or indirect SUNLIGHT (UV).

Looks like the plastic melted. A PANEL-LINE TOOL or carefully wielded X-ACTO knife can clean that up for you. Use a fine lead pen as well and just GRIND that stuff into the panel lines. That plastic will smash down or off. It will look great.

Edited by Skull-1