series that most resembles macross, southern cross

i was watching gall force last night and they have the same exact mospeada mother ships and invid crabs the same color and transforming planes and propellor little planes. they also have zentradi looking bad guys that look half invid and part southern cross because they are in 3's, matter of fact there are alot of 3's going on in this story. anyone else seen it? theyre like oav movies. it was actually as good of animation as macross and mospeada and had brief nudity so imho its better at least so far ive only founf 3 movies of it so far, can anyone shed some more light on this copycat of goodness? heres a link to a good description:

http://www.needcoffee.com/html/dvd/gfestory.htm

actually when i was watching it i thought to myself, if hg got ahold of this or if they even knew about this robotech the movie might have had a chance, a good chance. its like the three series melted into new characters and mecha.

You know what? It's a damn good thing HG never got ahold of this wonderful anime movie. God, I quake with fear at what they would have done to Gall Force.

By the way, how would you have explained away the absence of all males? The Solnoid race was all female. I will probably regret saying this, but I think HG would probably try to convince everyone that Protoculture mutated all males into the Paranoid, and the Solnoid were innocent victims which had to fight for their survival. Meh.

Re-watching SC after so many years I find it even more difficult to understand the hole protoculture thing. Of all three parts, this one sure got it´s script butchered (just the Zor thing makes my head hurt).

Still, I am enyoing watching it again even if it is the weakest joint in RT. The action is better than other animes I've seen.

actually when i was watching it i thought to myself, if hg got ahold of this or if they even knew about this robotech the movie might have had a chance, a good chance.  its like the three series melted into new characters and mecha.

You know what? It's a damn good thing HG never got ahold of this wonderful anime movie. God, I quake with fear at what they would have done to Gall Force.

Actually I think they would have done what I always wanted to do with it... make a fandub of it with the Solonoid being Praxian and the Paranoid being Invid. The praxians arn't exactly like what we saw in Sentinels in the fandub idea I had... anyways yeah...

a faction of melantradi? mebe like you suggest, i dunno but this is a beautiful anime. are there more than 4 oav's made of this? i want to see more!

I assume you refer to the 4 DVDs boxset including Gall Force, Destruction, Stardust War and Rhea Gall Force? If yes, 2 more DVDs should be available from your local anime store: they're Gall force: the Earth Chapter and Gall force: New Era. Though I really like both of them, I have to admit that their overall quality tends to decrease significantly compared to the very first opus

Still, some good shows if, like me, you're a fan of the Gall Force universe and/or addicted to Artmic prods :)