how to stop paint chipping?

striderhiryu

Hi, a couple of weeks i received a FP Vf-11B, however the paint on the metal legs is starting to fall, does anyone know how to prevent further paint chipping?

i,m asking this since i have never touched the metal parts even tough i transformed it several times. also does temperature affects the paint?, since i live in nuevo laredo next to laredo texas and the temperature has rised over 100 farenheit and has been quite hot.

I do not think that there is much you can do about it :(

You have to know that the toy is at least few years old, one of the first Macross toys by Yamato (which are not half as good as say the newer stuff, such as the 1/48 line) and god knows how the previous owner stored it.

Best bet is either not to play with it anymore or strip off all the paint and repaint it again with some better adhesive paint ;)

Temperature shouldn't affect the paint. I live in australia where it gets really hot in summer and mine are fine. Just be sure to have them away from direct sunlight!

My suggestions are:

1. Leave it in the box :p

2. you can try spraying a clear coat over the toy, which will protect the paint against scratching from transformation. I'd partially dismantle the toy so you can spray the sections evenly and not get any pooling or overspray.

the swingbar hinge that joins the legs to the body is diecast and the rest is all plastic. But it's high quality ABS stuff so you don't miss the diecast.

the swingbar hinge that joins the legs to the body is diecast and the rest is all plastic. But it's high quality ABS stuff so you don't miss the diecast.

also the front landing gear doors are metal, but that it about it.