1/60 Yamato advise?

Luclin999

Ok, now that I have taken the plunge into the 1/48th scale line I was considering picking up a few of the 1/60th as well (Mainly because it may be the only DYRL Max I can get my hands on until they re-issue it in 1/48).

Aside from the lack of a "Perfect" transformation are there any other quirks about these valks I should be aware of?

I heard something about the Super armor only fits on the 1/60 toys the armor comes packaged with?

Is Yamato going to continue to produce the 1/60 pieces for the forseeable future other than just the brown CF model?

Thanks

Leo

FAST packs will only fit on the Hikaru, Max, Miriya 1J and Strike Roy (aka the FAST packs come with Roy). Oh, and the VF-1D

Other than that, none of the FAST packs will fit with any of the other fighters (totally, the Elintseeker and Ostritch will accept most of the FAST packs but not all the parts).

As for the 1:60 Max itself, it's a rock solid toy. No faults and and while it can't be compaired to the 1:48 VF-1s for looks, it does have a charm all of its own!

Here's some pictures of the 1:60 Max.

I like the 1/60's but aside from lack of perfect transformation, you might want to be aware of the reduced posability relative to 1/48's, especially the arms. Drifand (a member here) has an article at Toyboxdx explaining how to modify the arms but I haven't tried it personally. The legs have a weird mechanism for swivelling (though far better than the 1/55's) which entails twisting them at the mid-calves instead of the knees as on the 1/48's.

Other quirks: personally, I find getting the chest plate to lock down correctly in battroid is very frustrating, but also not entirely necessary. Posing the battroid can be a little tricky, too, unlike the 1/48 which pretty much stands in any pose you put it in.

AFAIK Yamato stopped producing 1/60 Valks a good while ago, but the Red & Blue Queadluun Rau toys are also in 1/60 and one might reasonably speculate that if Yamato makes any destroids or battlepods, 1/60 would be a likely scale. There isn't even the hint of a rumor along these lines, though.