Kenshin OVA figures

Anubis

How rare exactly are these older Yamato Rurouni Kenshin OVA figures?

I want a better kenshin figure with the blue outfit. I have the Kenshin OVA and Hiko figures. The story image figures while nicely detailed are still craptactular. The legs give over time and they don't stay stable. To fix that I added a rubber piece under the base to level the figure off. Did the same thing to my Hiko figure, and last night I found him tipped over from bending more over time. Kenshin is still stable for now, but who knows how long that will last.

So I was looking for (hopefully) the statue, but that's too expensive. Next alternative: the older 7-inch figures which are now harder to come by. I found one for $90 and was wondering if it was a good deal or not. I know it's expensive as hell but it's a rare figure now.

How are the quality of these figures?

post-26-1114442402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

How rare exactly are these older Yamato Rurouni Kenshin OVA figures?

I want a better kenshin figure with the blue outfit. I have the Kenshin OVA and Hiko figures. The story image figures while nicely detailed are still craptactular. The legs give over time and they don't stay stable. To fix that I added a rubber piece under the base to level the figure off. Did the same thing to my Hiko figure, and last night I found him tipped over from bending more over time. Kenshin is still stable for now, but who knows how long that will last.

So I was looking for (hopefully) the statue, but that's too expensive. Next alternative: the older 7-inch figures which are now harder to come by. I found one for $90 and was wondering if it was a good deal or not. I know it's expensive as hell but it's a rare figure now.

How are the quality of these figures?

I've got a Hajime Saito and Okita Souji. They're nice enough for what they are. Don't try poking yourself in the eye with Okita's sword, because I'm sure it'll hurt.

They could have looked better, but considering the OVA character design I'd say the problem lies in the character design rather than the sculpt.