first model in 20 years

Chas

Hey all well, as it says this is my first model in 20 years - SO BE KIND -. I am using artists acrylic paints thinned with a touch of isopropyl alchohol (95+%) and water, with a future clear coat and it's all going on with a regular old fashioned paint brush.

As this is the first time I have ever atempted any kind of emphasizing of panel-lines and weathering I am unsure as to when enough is enough. I am not using a typical Macross paint scheme for ths model, hence the colour but is this too much panel lines and weathering?

(edit- typo)

post-23-1114407888_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chas

That panel lining/weathering looks very good to me. I'm sure a lot of people would say you could even put a little more weathering on there. I usually like some light weathering better than heavy.

It looks like you have gotten a really nice finish on the base coat, especially using a brush with artist acrylics.

Keep up the good work and welcome back to model building!

Please post more pics as you go. We all enjoy seeing each other's work!

Yeah I hope to be able to get better pics. but I mostly end up working on it at night so I have to use artificial lights for the Photos. But I'll postmore as I go along - hopefully they'll get better.