Is there a Yamato 1/48 VF-1D in the works?

CkRtech

Hey all - First post.

I have to say that I felt this incredible pull just hit me all of the sudden shortly after I took some time to check out some pictures of the Valkyries of the current era. The pull was "gotta get some" - and the first one is on the way. What an expensive hobby! I collect Generation 1 Transformers, so I am used to big spending....but there are only a handful that either reach or past the cost of some of the Valks. I am sure this cost issue will be thrown aside as soon as I see my first Valkyrie in person. (And in my own hands I might add)

Anyway, my question is this (as stated in the topic) - Are there plans to produce a 1/48 VF-1D? If there is one already out there, I am unaware of it. I am just now learning about the different versions of the VF-1S (crooked skull, different seats, etc).

In any case - there is something about the "Training Valkyrie" that sets it apart. I have no idea what. Maybe it is the paint scheme and the two pilot cockpit? No idea.

Input is appreciated. Thanks a bunch

Edited by CkRtech

Welcome to the hobby, heh, it gets a strangle hold on my bank account every once and a while so you gotta be prepared heh.

Like godzilla said, its still up in the air about anything new in the 1/48 line other than the annouced GBP. Figuring that they made just about every valk in the 1/60 line, it would only be likely that they would do the same for the 1/48 line, but as of now, theres 4 valks that i can think of off the top of my head still missing with no sign of them on the horizon.

VF-1D

VT-1

VE-1

VF-1A (Cannon Fodder/Brownie)

Here's hoping at least one or two of them are released eventually, but theres no guarantees. Even the Brownie which requires not really much more than a new paint job hasn't been hinted at, so its all speculation from here if well ever see any new 1/48's.