Does anybody have pictures of the movie costumes?

VF-1James

I'm looking for line art and color images of the suits from DYRL, since I need to show them to the person doing my custom 1/6 uniforms in Hong Kong. If anyone has pictures of them, I'd really appreciate it! I saw the line art height chart in another thread, so I don't need that (but hey, it helps too!). I really need to see pictures of the backs, line art is better, since it's harder to make out the designs when they are in color. Thanks everyone!

Hey, thanks a lot! 2 questions though:

1. Can you enlarge the second image, that is the back view?

2. Do you have any nice images of the regular movie costumes (mostly the backs)?

The guy making the costumes has a CMs figure of Roy to copy the flight suit, so it should be okay. However, I'm more worried about the regular costumes, since it's been really hard to find images of those. I ordered a movie artbook from a guy in Hong Kong, but the way he shipped it, he said it would take around 2 months to get here! (It was shipped surface mail). So........

Anyway, thank you very much, and keep the pictures coming!!! Err... please? ;)

Yeah, that's the one I want, thanks! Do you have any non-color images of that costume? I really want to see the back, not in color if possible (so I can see all the designs on it, and show it to the guy making the costumes). Everyone (meaning ME) wants these costumes to be as accurate as possible, so nice images to work from is a huge help to me. Thanks, and keep them coming if you can, I really appreciate it!

Thank you soooooooooooo freaking much!!! :p That's exactaly what I needed. Roy's suit is the same, other than the colors and the red stripes on the front (those are for his rank?), right? Just checking, but that picture is PERFECT for what I wanted. Thanks a lot!

Yeah, all of the uniforms are . . . er. . . uniform except for the colours and insignias. And your welcome! :D

I was pretty much done with this topic (thanks to those who have helped out so far), but I was watching the movie the other day, and I noticed a lot of differences in the costumes from scene to scene.

First of all, I am most interested in Roy for the moment (being that I'm having a custom figure of him made first), so I wanted to ask the following about him.

1. Do his reds all match up? Sometimes his red areas are alll the same color, and sometimes they're 2 or 3 different reds. I noticed that his basic red stripe (that goes down the front of his regular movie uniform) is always red. However, that little circle thing on the collar is sometimes orange, and it is the same way with Hikaru as well (color changing between orange and red). And finally on the color subject, his rank insignia is sometimes really light red, and then other times just a regular red to match his uniform stripe. If somebody knows the correct colors of Roy's regular costume, that'd help out a lot.

2. Does anyone have pictures of the little symbols on each person's flight suit (on the little computer monitor on the chest- you know, in the red circle part of it)? I can't see good pictures of them. Again, I'm mostly just interested in Roy's for now, but the other characters' wouldn't hurt either.

3. Back to the basic suit, I have one last Roy question. His rank insignia keeps changing sizes! Sometimes both bars are the same size, and sometims the vertical one is larger, and then other times the horizontal one is larger. Does anyone know which is the most accurate? There are 3 different looks in the movie!

Thanks, if anyone could help me with these things, I would so appreciate it. Thanks again!

Edited by VF-1James