Help with applying YF-21 FP stickers

Rand

I just got a YF-21 FP, my first ever YF-21 toy, and the instruction manual didn't come with a sticker guide like Yamato's other VF toys. I've searched the web but couldn't find anything. I'm reduced to watching Macross plus frame by frame to see any detail of the 21. My question is, did the original releae of the Yamato YF-21 have a sticker guide? And where I could download one? Thanks.

Best I can suggest is to go to the model section of the main site (not the forums) and look at the closeup of this YF-21 and eyeball it. Unless someone would be kind of enough to scan a Hasegawa instruction sheet or something...

Best I can suggest is to go to the model section of the main site (not the forums) and look at the closeup of this YF-21 and eyeball it. Unless someone would be kind of enough to scan a Hasegawa instruction sheet or something...

That's exactly what I did, but don't expect too much. A lot of the stickers you see on the model kits aren't included in the Yamato version ("no steps", all the nose markings, warning arrows, air intake warnings, etc), and it's a challenge trying to match them up or find suitable replacements. As bad as the VF-1 stickers from Yamato were, the Macross Plus valks really and truly sucked.

I say just go with the major ones, and do what I did - canibalize lots of "no steps" and other little detail stickers from your 1/60 Yammies. The scale is close enough to look ok, and it makes it look a lot less naked. Just don't expect to recreate a Hasegawa kit.