Trailer for Takara Prime?

Akilae

I put this in perspective of the folks who do comissions for detailed or custom Valkyries on this board or even a photographer, like for weddings. You are not only paying for a product, but you are also paying someone else's skill or artistic ability.

Not to mention the time and effort they put in, wich makes the price a bit more understandable, unless of course you are capable of producing a similar product on your own.

I don't know about customizers, but speaking as an artist I generally have to work for less than minimum wage on my personal commission pieces.

This Prime trailer looks sweet, though. I'm seriously inclined to treat myself to one after I've moved into my new apartment and taken care of all the associated expenses.

I put this in perspective of the folks who do comissions for detailed or custom Valkyries on this board or even a photographer, like for weddings. You are not only paying for a product, but you are also paying someone else's skill or artistic ability.

Agreed.

However, while I am very impressed with his ideas and engineering, I'm not particularly impressed with his choice of materials or the fit and finish of the final products.

Much of it appears to be painted cardboard, and poorly painted at that. They'd be excusable as boilerplate mock-ups for figuring out how it should go together and to get a rough idea of how it will look, but as a final product being sold for hundreds of dollars they're nowhere near up to snuff.

Still, I admire the attempt and engineering, as it's more effort than I'm currently willing to expend on such a project myself. But I still wouldn't pay the money he's asking for what he delivers in the finished object. If he simply masked and properly thinned his paints before application he could increase the quality of his projects significantly.

Given a couple more years to refine his skills, I think he could probably turn out some top notch stuff, but for the moment, it's way overpriced for the quality.

I would however probably pay $50 for a good set of plans with proper dimensions so I wouldn't have to engineer it all myself, but could still build it on my own.

Ultimately though, I suspect this will get filed away with the rest of my "one day" projects that I never seen to have the time or space to undertake.

I love the concepts though. Lots of creative talent at work there.

However, while I am very impressed with his ideas and engineering, I'm not particularly impressed with his choice of materials or the fit and finish of the final products.

Much of it appears to be painted cardboard, and poorly painted at that.  They'd be excusable as boilerplate mock-ups for figuring out how it should go together and to get a rough idea of how it will look, but as a final product being sold for hundreds of dollars they're nowhere near up to snuff.

It's corugated(Sp?) styrene, and yes the paint job could be tighter.

Yes, the small wheels really spoil the vehicle mode.

I have the same preference for accurate vehicle mode for any transforming toy (which is why the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 is so cool IMHO). The Binaltechs must be your favourite transformers then? Problem is that their 'robot' mode is gawdawful...just look at them from the back! Ughhhh...

How can MP-Convoy be held in fair comparrison to a 1/48 Valk?

A Valk is as accurate a transformation as say one of the "Cybertronian vehicles"

after the third series of TF's. The Valkyrie mecha vehicle mode was designed

to transform into a robot. And you can tell as much when it is in fighter craft

mode. MP-Convoy(prime) transforms about as well a valk. Yet MPC prime

transforms into a "de-branded" COE semi truck (Based of the old Kenworth in

the original toy). The truck matches no known semi cab. Just like the Valk

it is fictional truck that resembles a series of real life vehicles.

It's corugated(Sp?) styrene, and yes the paint job could be tighter.

That would explain it, since it seemed to have qualities of both plastic and cardboard. If it is the stuff I'm thinking of (I've seen it used for USPS mail bins), I'd imagine it's a real pain to work with, bond and paint.

The engineering of it is great, it could just use some help in the materials and finishing departments. Lots and lots of potential there. :)