animated icons?

Qrusader

If I use animated avatars on a forum, I usually make them myself. For example this one I did as an animation in Flash, exported it to GIF and optimized it with Ulead Gif Animator. Did it just for fun to promote a fanfic of mine, didn't use it that long. ^_^

post-5-1064331969.gif

Edited by Burn

What program did you use for the "Cameotar?"

Photoshop 6, Flash 5 and Ulead GIF Animator. I made the "scene" in the background from two anime cels (one of them from Macross 2 as it had Ishtar in it, the other one was some random chick, I think...). Then I adjusted the size to 64x64 pixels. I took a picture of Homer and resized it and made several versions of it with the eyes looking into a different direction in each version. Then I imported it all in Flash. I had the first 'normal' Homer pic move into the picture using a motion tween, then, where he stops, I replaced the normal pic successively with the other pics showing the different eye positions, then as the look around was completed went back to the normal pic, mirrored it horizontally and moved it out of the picture again. Then I checked the animation in Flash and exported it to a GIF. I imported the GIF into Ulead GIF Animator and optimized it with a wizard (color reduction etc) to reduce filesize.

I am sure there are hundreds of ways to do this, but I know Flash better than any GIF animation prog so I just used that and finished it in, like, 20 minutes. If you want the FLA file so you can look at the Flash animation, tell me and I'll post it.

Made my signature myself :) MS Paint can go a long way. I put it all together with some some program called Animagic that I found.