New Model

Wheels

*looks at the time* :blink: I mean yesterday morning. ^_^

I just received my very own Bandai Mac II 1/100 VF-2SS, and all I got's to say is,

Daddy's got a new toy! MWA HAHA HA! :lol:

Joy! I gonna have fun putting it together! ;)

Alright, :rolleyes: so it's not like it's a new model kit just released, but it is new to me. :p

Okay, I took a look at the instructions, and I can muddle my way without too much difficultly, but the only thing that looks like a potentional problem is the transformation instructions.

So does anybody know of a site or personally how to transform this dude? :huh:

And does anybody know where to place all the decals, if all of them get placed? Cause I looked and counted the placement points including the "place on opposite/other side" ones and they don't add up to the decal sheet. And no I don't mean the stickers either, those are pretty self evident.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, many thanks in advanced. :D

Edited by Wheels

yea this is a nice kit, i love the 1/72 resin version of the fighter, i wish hasegawa would make this kit as well.

chris

• 2 weeks later...
How much did you pay for it? Yeah that is a nice kit.

I gots it for $35USD! B))

Now I'm not sure if that's a great price, but it was good enough for me. :D

Oh, and that's not including the shipping, which was standard for that size of kit.

I've done a search both here and the net, but I came up with nada for transformation steps, or a translation of said steps. Though I did stumble across some nice old sites with pics, plus pics of it completed here. So I guess that should give me some more hints.

I've seen pics of the completed 1/72 resin kit by wm cheng. God, I'd love to get one of those kits. As well as those bclub kits of the VF-2JA fighter and battroid.

how big is this kit when completed?, i want to pick one up, but i have seen these go for more than $40.00 and i am not sure if i want to pay that much if it is to small.

chris

It is about this big:

CowValk.jpg

Which you can probably get a sense of from this picture if you aren't sure of the size of a Harvest Moon cow:

primerib.jpg

Unfortunately, I do not currently have access to my kit or other pictures of it, so I had to dig up a couple I had sitting around.

I hope it helps (or at least amuses).

Oh, someone said VF-2...

On the 1/72 musasiya being around, I have one (and currently not selling this one), but I did sell another one that I had a little while ago to ChristopherB. That went for 250US just FYI (he did pay a little premium for it since I held on to it for him for some time, but non the less, I think this kit is worth a lot of cash).

If you guys are looking for Macross II stuff, I have all the kits (except for no original of the VF2JA Figher Mode). I have everything else - originals. If you have any questions, or are looking for something, drop me a line. Everything is for sale at the right price as one of my best friends always says.

There's a small chance I might sell all my macross II stuff one day if I don't get to building it, so keep your eyes open... though I'd cry to see these beautiful kits go...

Later.

I love how you panel lined your Valk, BinaryFalcon. B))

I'm still undecided as to panel line mine or not. -_-

BinaryFalcon, what did you use to panel line yours?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments. :)

Sorry for the delay in getting back here, things have been busy.

As for what I used to line the kit, I don't exactly remember, as at the time I was exploring several options.

I believe it was a Rapidograph pen. No, I take that back. Parts of it were done with the Rapidograph, but I found it was difficult to get a reliable line from it on the paint, and it tended to clog too often to be worth the hassle.

The bulk of those lines were done with a simple very fine tipped permanent marker. 0.5mm, most likely. They're fairly common, inexpensive and get the job done. You may want to do some testing with one and clearcoat finishes before you go that route though, as I believe some markers will not react well to exposure to too much of the solvent used in the clearcoats. Or you could clearcoat first, then line it, which should sidestep the problem nicely.

Just experiment with different combinations a bit to be sure and you should be fine.

I'd still like to get my hands on another of these kits someday, as I'm not fully happy with how that one turned out. I did that one fairly quickly and didn't fully paint it, which I regret. I was also experimenting with various techniques when I built it as well, so I could definitely do it better if I had it to do again.

As it is, one of these days I may take that one (or the one I have finished with cobalt blue armor) and strip it to start over from scratch. I just haven't found the time to do so yet (and may never, as it's been probably nearly 10 years since I built that one).

At least it's good enough that I'm mostly happy with it, but I know I could do better. :)

• 2 weeks later...