Blake's 7 on DVD

Guest Bromgrev

Guest Bromgrev

For those of you who haven't, do yourselves a favour and get a hold of the Blake's 7 DVDs. IMO, one of the best SF shows ever made, wobbly sets notwithstanding. I fear the day when somebody tries to remake it, as I doubt the chemistry between the original characters can ever be re-created.

But an anime version - that could be very cool ...

libast2.jpg

Edited by Bromgrev

Well, if it ever gets a U.S. Region 1 DVD release, I'd like to check it out.

Blake's is one of those series that I've always heard about and that I've seen written up in mags like Starlog... and endured PBS-watchin', Dr. Who-lovin', Anglophile friends go on and on about... so I am actually pretty familiar with the basic premise and the characters... however, I've never actually SEEN it! :blink: It sounds pretty cool, if a touch dated. But then so is old Trek stuff, and I dig that. Sounds like the Beeb gave Blake's a decent DVD treatment for the Brits.

Hmmm, in the meantime, perchance I shall see if there are some torrents of it floatin' around on the web... :D

BTW, I see Paul Darrow (Avon in Blake's 7) was in the Rough Magik DVD (The H.P. Lovecraft Collection, Volume 2) fairly recently.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...?v=glance&s=dvd

Anyone watch the DVD??? Sounds cool!!! ...but then isn't anything smacking of Delta Green just too cool?!? B))

Now, if the continuation is still in the works, that I want to see.

Reportedly, Terry Nation's estate is still behind the renewal of the Blake's 7 series, but it is also widely known that Paul Darrow (Avon), who was to reprise his role, has backed down from the project stating differences of opinion on how his character was to be handled. So, if there is no Avon, the show will suck. Maybe.

Now, if the continuation is still in the works, that I want to see.

Reportedly, Terry Nation's estate is still behind the renewal of the Blake's 7 series, but it is also widely known that Paul Darrow (Avon), who was to reprise his role, has backed down from the project stating differences of opinion on how his character was to be handled. So, if there is no Avon, the show will suck. Maybe.

That sucks. Them bringing back Avon was the only thing that really had me interested in the continuation.

Guest Bromgrev

The on-again, off-again B7 sequel/continuation saga has been brewing for years. I've pretty much stopped waiting, but I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised one day ... :rolleyes:

The trouble with B7 and its multitude of websites is that the news sections tend to be udated irregularly. One of the latest reincarnation sites has been this one, but it lacks info. Less flash is the huge hermit site, but even here there is no news.

Which is why I think an anime version (or continuation - I'm not fussy) would be cool.