Got a recast VF-1S head that needs to be assembled

KiriK

hi folks... i've been reading up on the forums a lot more lately since i've been neglecting my macross collection for while since i started getting Transformer crap..

Well i have a 1/48 DYRL Max with a recast 1S head that i got off of Ebay a couple of months ago and i haven't assembled the head cause i wanted to sand and paint it... I wonder if this is one of Rohbby's recast heads but i really have no clue...

I was searching through the forums if there was anything about putting together the heads... I thought i read somewhere that Rohbby had instructions or tips for putting it together but i couldn't find it....

I've never really sanded or painted any of my toys so can anyone give me some tips of what type of sand paper i should use to smooth out the head? and what type of paint to use for the antennae? and yellow arrows? and red dot?

haha... its a nice 1/48... but i wish i had more experience with these things... can anyone help me out??

It must be one of Rob's recast heads. I think you're supposed to get some super glue and very fine sand paper. Painting the head lasers black is optional, but recommended to match the stock yamato vf-1s heads. I do not know what paint to use. You may ask other members here. After deciding to paint the head lasers or not, glue the two halves together. Do not wait for the glue to dry. Start sanding (maybe a few strokes) to cover the gap between the newly glued head (the resin dust will fill in the gap). Then glue on the plastic visor. I think that's it. I may be mistaken. Wait until more people agree or disagree :rolleyes: .

thanks for the tips sir.... now i know how to put it together!!! awesome... just gotta go find some very fine sand paper....

as for paint... I was thinkin of using enamel matte paint... but i'm pretty sure i'd like to paint it coz it kinda looks naked w/out... hope i don't screw it up...

yeah,it's most likely a robs head.rohby's heads pretty much don't need alot of sanding & the color is almost exact.any easy way to tell is he has those custom colored eyepieces cast seperate form the head too.dude,if you like i can refer you to my customizer & he'll paint,sand & assemble that head for you on your 1/48.he does awsome work & has very good prices.let me know my friend B))

Edited by valkyrietestpilot