A few series that just started airing in SWE

Sazabi

Hello!

3 new "cartoons" started airing a few weeks ago here in sweden. "Justice League" (something involving marvel heroes ... batman,flash,superman,Green lantern etc etc) , "Transformers: Armada" (I Only watch it since its after Justice Leage and before He-Man. ive never seen such a poor show...it sucked big time , and finnaly "He-Man And the masters of the universe" .... to tell you the truth i was so thrilled to see He-Man again (and in such a glorious way for that matter) i cryed in sheer joy! , when was this series made?! , i havent heard anything about He-Man getting a makeover .... the series is at part 5 (next saturday) and sofar ive grown madley in love with the quality of the animation and the new character models :) , when did He-man air in the US?!

//Dan..

[EDIT] some spelling [/EDIT]

Edited by Sazabi

Justice League is pretty good. Then again I've always like the DC super heroes with Batman and Superman being my favorites. I try never miss any episode, though its hard now since CN likes to be asses and move shows around so much.. You can't go wrong with Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman,etc). I'm not sure if more episodes are going be made, the past two parter(which seems to be all the time or 3 parter, I happen to like that :) ) featured Dark Side. I hope there is new season. It was done by Warner Bros. Animation.

I don't care for Transformers Armada and neither does several people here, well a lot of people here hate it. Its filled with dialogue and animation mistakes. Not to mention horrible characterization of the characters. G1(series and movie)/Beast Wars/Machines(all three were US made series) were and are far better. Though the comic version are much better though. It was produced by Hasbro I believe.

He-man has always been a favorite show of mine since I was a kid. I enjoyed the remake but I can never catch it on TV anymore, damn you CN, and I can't find it on DVD. 26 episodes were done. I hope more is planned. Not sure was responsible for this series.

Edited by Effect

Justice League is pretty good. Then again I've always like the DC super heroes with Batman and Superman being my favorites. I try never miss any episode, though its hard now since CN likes to be asses and move shows around so much.. You can't go wrong with Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman,etc). I'm not sure if more episodes are going be made, the past two parter(which seems to be all the time or 3 parter, I happen to like that :) ) featured Dark Side. I hope there is new season. It was done by Warner Bros. Animation.

The animation was done by Tokyo Movie Shinsta, who had done DC cartoons for WB in the past. Most of the animation style is kept and as well as getting the voice actors who previously appeared on WB's DC shows.

I don't care for Transformers Armada and neither does several people here, well a lot of people here hate it. Its filled with dialogue and animation mistakes. Not to mention horrible characterization of the characters. G1(series and movie)/Beast Wars/Machines(all three were US made series) were and are far better.

This anime show is produced by TV Tokyo and Studio Aeon (who did the Tokyo Mew Mew anime) as a Hasbro/Takara collaboration. The writers, producers and directors are Japanese and the Americans does the English dub, adaptation (changing the Japanese names to the English ones yet some slip) and the financing.

Beast Wars writers/directors/script editors Bob Forward and Larry DeTillo are diehard fans to G1 and wanted to put continuity with Beast Wars so it can be catered to the old fans and newbies. Bob and Larry were fired by Hasbro due to their defiance in putting details.

Hasbro and Takara should look at the 2002 versions of MOTU and TMNT as a starting point when it comes to catering the old fans and the newbies. They are still blind to see that style and substance can both be used. And of course, making the toys more crappy with Universe and Energon.

What Hasbro and Takara had treated the mythos now is that the Transformers world is a multiverse containing a number of parallel dimensions of different continuities (as well as the continuity reset). This can be confirmed with the TF Universe comic, released during the 2003 OTFCC.

Though the comic version are much better though.

Definely. Simon Furman, *the* TF comic writer, is in charge of the Armada comic with Guido Guidi as artist. I didn't like Pat Lee's art on Armada because he couldn't draw humans right but conpensates with the TF art. The comic story is lightyears beyond the Armada anime.

Simon Furman had repeated to Hasbro that he should do the writing for either the Armada or Energon shows. Hasbro had denied to his demands.

He-man has always been a favorite show of mine since I was a kid. I enjoyed the remake but I can never catch it on TV anymore, damn you CN, and I can't find it on DVD. 26 episodes were done. I hope more is planned. Not sure was responsible for this series.

This is, in fact, the second time a He-Man revival show came up. The first one, entitled "The New Adventures of He-Man", was done by Jetlag Productions in 1990-1991 for 65 episodes and attempts to pick right where the old show left off. The show didn't get a wide broadcast coverage, which led into low ratings and cancellation, along with poor toy sales. The funny thing is that Gary Chalk (who would later play as Man-at-Arms in the 2002 show), played as He-Man in this obscure show.

The 2002 Masters of the Universe show is produced by Mike Young Studios, who once collaberated with World Events Productions on "Voltron: the Third Dimension". After learning the mistakes from the Voltron show, the producers did an excellent job in retaining the best qualities of the old He-Man show while being creatively fresh to old fans and newbies alike. An of course, the show turned out great.

MYS wanted to bring the old VA staff back but couldn't since some are gone, retired or asking for a huge salary (much like the same thing with the TF voice actors). The producers did try a last attempt to get Alan Oppenhiemer (famous in the Transformers as Thundercraker) to reprise his role as Skelator but failed, opting for Brian Dobson instead. Cam Clarke a.k.a. Jimmy Flinders (famous as Robotech's Max and TMNT's Leonardo), plays as He-Man in this one.

Sadly, from toyark.com's message board, I heard that the 2002 MOTU show and toyline may get cancelled. The cause maybe that Mattel saturated the toyshelves with too many He-Man and Skelator repaint figures, causing some retailers like Wal-Mart to put them in clearance and later phased out. My local Wal-Mart did that during summertime. Also, some fans were also upset in not getting the figures they wanted to complete their collection.

Their is a very good MOTU site for some great info and stuff.

Sorry! , i didnt think it was DC comix ... always figured FLASH as a Marvel....sorry...very noobish error. Thx for that info!Captain! , very appreciated!. The Transformers : Armada series is REALLY bad. Why cant they make it as good as the comic .... i read the comic, its released like this in sweden : 1 chapter of G1 - Transformers (it was VERY good last time G1 was in it!) and 1 chapter of TF : Armada , but in the last release, the August release , they started with "the war within" series, which i liked alot to.)

I do like that "channel 5" (the local channel that air these cartoons, they air all sorts of em in week-mornings) makes an effort in bringing in quality cartoons for the kids over here. only thing im missing now is the new Spider Man cartoon that ive heard so much about .... JL , He-Man and the new SM cartoons would rock ... does Spiderman air on american Mtv? , at what time?!: ill try to catch it on my cabel-tv sometime :p * have allmost every channel in the world. so theres alot of flipping the channels @ my place! :)*

another thing i like about the new He-man series is that the fighting is VERY Anime-ish with all its slowmotion , jumps and martial arts, compared to the old series that i cant remember had any swordfighting in it! :p , Skeletors double swords kick major ass! :p , and he looks AWSOME! :p , and the swedish voice actor (that also does the Joker in the dubbed BatMan) really makes him feel and sound ass evil as he looks! :p , very cool! :p , and can anyone tell me what that blue cyborg guy with a claw as an arm´s name is?! , i cant remember....im holding his 20 year old action figure in my hand ..... another thing im HOPING for is that Hordac (dont know if he was known by that name in the US) makes an apperance , he was my favorite Baddie back in the 80´s :)

//Dan..

Edited by Sazabi

Spiderman aires on MTV at 10pm and 10:30pm EST on Fridays.

Beast Wars writers/directors/script editors Bob Forward and Larry DeTillo are diehard fans to G1 and wanted to put continuity with Beast Wars so it can be catered to the old fans and newbies. Bob and Larry were fired by Hasbro due to their defiance in putting details.

That sucks. They get fired for making a great series that caters to both old fans and newbies. Did they also work on Beast Machines or was it just Beast Wars? Or do just including Machines as apart of the Beast Wars name?

Edited by Effect