Lord of the Rings Minatures

Weaseldancer

Just got back from the mall where I found some Lord of the Rings minature figures. They looked pretty cool so I picked a few up. they are about the size of tabletop minatures and come already painted. Looks like I'm going to have to make some shelf space so I can build up an army of Orcs.

B)

Those are the Armies of Middle Earth figures from Play Along Toys (previously known for crap such as Spy Kids). Some of them look OK, but for the most part I don't like the horky poses they're in and their lack of articulation. They're way overpriced too. Still, I might get the Fellowship pack that's coming out this winter since it would look cool to have the Fellowship lined up on top of my TV or something.

Lack of articulation? These are mini figures, what do you expect? Go buy the bigger action figures than.

I have a few of the sets. Gandalf vs the Balrock is pretty cool looking.

Helms Deep set is out but I have no space for that now.

I saw all of these on display at Wizard World Chicago back in August.

Lack of articulation? These are mini figures, what do you expect? Go buy the bigger action figures than.

I have a few of the sets. Gandalf vs the Balrock is pretty cool looking.

Helms Deep set is out but I have no space for that now.

I saw all of these on display at Wizard World Chicago back in August.

I'm not saying that they should be 'super articulated' or anything, but if at least their legs moved it would make a world of difference. If they put out some figures that aren't in extreme poses and have moveable legs, then I'll bite. For now...meh.

If you mean The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battlegame by Games Workshop.....yea. Ive got the FotR and TTT sets, plus 2 sets of Warriors of Middle-Earth. Expensive game....but with lots of minis. The Return of the King sets are coming in November IIRC. Im personally going to be collecting the Khazad so I can field an army of Durin's Folk for The War of the Last Alliance (and with the release of the Shadow and Flame set, I can have a Durin V for the War using Balin's stats).

Some of the stuff that will be coming in the future covers personalties and creatures from the novels that were left out of the movie. SnF has Glorifindel (mounted and on foot), Elrond's twin son's Elladan and Elrohir, the Istar (Wizard) Radagast the Brown, Tom Bombadil, Goldberry and the Barrow-Wights. Hopefully the next expansion will include the other Ents like Quickbeam and the Huorns.