Any O ring replacements out there

VF-18S Hornet

A while ago I was super gluing the tips of my gunstrap to my 1A together because it tore (again) somehow along the way to the table it fell off and now it's gone I tried using a vacuum (one of those bagless vacuum cleaners) and turned up nadda. Some I'm wondering if there is anyone who has a spare o-ring available. :huh:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

take a medium paperclip,

cut a little of it with wirecutters

make a circle with needlenose pliers

paint it black

bada-bing; bada-boom

there you have it

a replacement o-ring

JJ

craft & hobbie stores usually have these little knick-knacks in abundance.check there first.also,most fishing lures use small o-rings like this to attach the hooks to the body of the lure.the drawback to these is that they are a keyring-style ring.you have to fenagle the object on the ring till it reaches the middle & locks in.that might be too much force for delicate plastic parts :unsure:

i went to the craft store the other day & found these.they are 6mm jump riings & they seem to work perfectly.i could not find them in black though.i actually like them better in the silver color :)

post-4-1108410818_thumb.jpg

actually,the package of jump rings i bought at the craft store came w/ a crap-load of these little suckers.anybody that wants a set,pm me & i'll drop a set in the mail to you.i'll hook you guys up for $1 shipped :)