Untextured Izumo (WIP-mospeada ship)

rearperspective.jpg

Hay guys I know its been a long time since I visited these forums but I am zapped of texturing inspiration. For whatever reason I am stuck in modeling mode and just have the texturing blahs and don't truely feal like spending a whole lot of time creating new textures..regrouping faces and applying them currenty. <_<

I could go on modeling but then I would have a handfull ships with no textures applied to them :blink: Anyways, its not like artist don't have a series of projects that are always close to being finished.

So I am currently stuck and due to the ships poly-count 4200 I hoping I can get away with using one 1024 by 1024 bmp but we will see. The main issue I know I am going to have is keep the detail fairly sharp..since it is going to be imported into the StarShatter game engine and the piloted fighters are able to land in the hanger bays on the port and starboard sides.

Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to turn this Mospeada ship into more of a Macross styled U.N. SPACY paint scheme. Any help to break this block would be greatly appericated.

izumotextshot.jpg

okay ..been working on the textures since my last post ...Thankfully looking at some of the HomeWorld2 mod shots that where sticky'd helped break part of the block. Its no where near even being close to being done but the basic lines are put in place. Plus I need to bump the texture map size up to 1024 by 1024 ...the 512 map just lacks fine line detail which I need to get in place.

Anyone else think I should tone down those black panel like lines?

Hehehe... a UN Spacy IZumo?

Yeah ... I know how much you love RT Lestat :D

So ..I took an Mospeada ship that is now known to be connected with RT and now ..twisting it again and attempting to make it Macross :blink: Lol, what can I say I am just a trouble maker!

Anyways this ship is going to be for a Macross mod (which has not been named yet) that I am working on. It currently has two meshed in hangers bays one on the port and starboard sides. It will be intresting to see how the texturing holds up when you pilot your fighter up to the landing bay to make your landing .. (crosses fingers) just have to wait and see.

Lestat ...man I do not now how you do it ..I have seen your texturing work before with the first HW Mod ... it just keeps getting better & better.

Robocrap, yes, mospeada, no. I actually like it. Keep up the good work. Don't be discouraged by the silence here. There's alot of lurkers that appreciate work like this even if they don't speak up often enough.

yeah ... its coming along ..if its not one thing it is the other ..texturing isn't so bad ...pulling the right faces for the uvmapping can be a royal pain thou.

base line texturing is about 80% done and uvmapped. Once I get the rest of the ship mapped in I will post another shot. Before I take it and rework the texturing one last time.

Does anyone know what a standard VF hanger bay looks like? I need to create the texture mapping for the internal landing bay for this ship. If there is nothing out there I will just create something close ... (Already goggled for pics found nothing).

As a side note, I am going to put up some properganda posters inside the landing bay as well... So depending on what angle you come in to land ...you should be able to see them in the hanger bay. :)

up-date: She is about 95% texture mapped in, all that is left if the bridge tower and the internal hanger bay. When I get up this afternoon I will post a preshot of what has been done sofar. Currently she is at 4870 Polys which is a little high but I am fairly shure I can trim that down a bit if I redesign the turrets. Anyways time for me to crash..just got off work (3rd shift) not to long ago and I am starting to run down.

Just keep in mind.. wonce the texture mapping is done. I am going to go back and add in detail & clean it up.

izumo95.jpg

Well I would have posted this sooner but it turns out its a snow day over here and my sleep , if you want to call it that, schedule got screwed. As you can see the brigde tower is all .. messed up ..just simply because one mod viewer i use atomatically applies an texture to anything with out one .. Oh yeah and it flips all textures as well ..so the letter are all backwards ... I would have took a shot in milkshape but my ati card doesn't like that program to well ...faces bleed thru etc...

All of the base lines are done for the rest of the ship. Bridge and Internal Hagger are next before I redo the texturing.

AA,

Looking GOOD. Is this for your Freespace mod? I remember seeing the revitalized Macross/Robotech mod thread there.

Would be cool as an addition to the HW Macross mod (non-canon).

/On RT

Well yes I am to some degree apart of that mod. I mainly just have supplied them with the bulk of my REF fleet I have modeled over the past years. At one time I was also helping another RT mod for HW and have also submitted a few things for the Macross mod while Lestat was gone. Most of what I did for the Macross Mod was replaced due to higher than needed poly counts on the VE-1 and the Strike.

As for RT in general, I have ever yet to see a full, good & completely finished Mod for any game. Maybe one day that might change.

Now as for the Izumo, if they want it or need it for their mod they can have it. I really do not mind if anyone uses this model. I just want to be aware of what its getting used for and that credit is given...

/Off RT

Up-dated pic coming this afternoon.

Spent most of the night fixing issues with some of the texturing and the mesh it self. As an example I forgot to add in the lower reaction control thrusters for both the arm pylons and all of the ships fins. On top of that I had to ad in another 16 Tri-laser turrets and created 4 missile launchers (which aren't textured yet). Found some information that this ship possibly has 28 plus point defense guns mounted in retractable turrets that slide out from the hull. So I went in and added the noticeable open ports with hull plating slid back.

Currently this thing is a beast for something that was going to be low poly to begin with. She is currently resting at 7618 and that is not counting the poly count for the 28 point defense guns. :blink:

Anyways I will post a shot once I get the missile lanchers textured in, then Iwill have to go back to keep detailing the .bmp out.

1) Why is your Beta's nose so long? It doesn't look like any of the line art I have ever seen?

2) I really like your Izumo, I hope when you are done with it you'll post some larger high-rez pics (and an orthographic pic or two).

Holy cra.. :o ..your right ...just went back and looked at a few other pics on the Beta fighter. Yeah that nose is a good 1/3 longer than it should be. Man where did I put that ref-shot I used.

Ah found it it was a 3-quarters view in one of the Palladium Books. Now I know why the Legios Version is not fitting together correctly like is should. Geeeze, you would think I would have caught that even after having issues with the Alpha-Beta Combination. Thanks for bring that to my attention :)

As for better and closer shots you might have to wait for me to get this baby dropped into the SS(starshatter) game engine. Since about any game engine renders better than Milkshape. <_<

I especially like the engine blocks. And the hangars. Good job.

Thanks Lestat ... I hate to say it but the engine shroud, I guess that is what you would call it. That section that looks some what metalic is actually a very stretched texture but for some od reason it works with the darker paint job on the rear end of the ship.

The Hanger Bay Shot does not looks okay. I really need to get this sucker in the game to post a good internal shot of it . I had to omit the poster in the hanger bay, to cut it down to scale to became a blurry mess.