Micro Gundam/Zaku , older HCM pro?

F360°

Hi,, I was repacking my toys and notice 3 of these in the cornner of the box. Do any of you have any info on these? They are very close to 1/200 scale and most of their joints seem to have ball sockets., you know stuff like ankle twist, knee bends, legs moves, wast turns, fist turns, elbow turns, sholders move, head turns. etc. I got these for at least 9 years. These are pretty similar to the current HCM pros.

Anything about these would be great. These are the only toys I can't seem to remember where I got them.

post-26-1107424702_thumb.jpg

Edited by F360°

They came out around the time G Gundam was all the rage. Bandai was planning to release a full line of those "Micro Gundam" figures and even showed the Gouf and Dom in their catalog. Alas due to rising labor cost in Japan and the bubble burst in Japan's economy, the line got canned shortly after they released a few waves consisting of designs and variants based on the RX-78, V Gundam, and Zaku II.

Added:

BTW, hold on to your Zaku. They are much rarer than the Gundam ones.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Thanks " Jolly Rogers", I can see why the Zaku is rarer,, cause that's the only one I play around with, I hardly even touch those gundams. I know I would of gotten those Gouf and Dom instead of these gundams if they weren't cancel :(

Well I guess I'll just wait for a HCM pro verion of Gouf/custom?

One thing I forgot to mention is the cool storage case these Micro Gundams come in. They are sculpted like a hangar/maintainance frame and looks good whether you flip the see-thru cover open or not. I don't think the HCM Pros have this.

These were the last small-sized pre-made Gundam toys to be made in Japan. Due to increasing labor cost in Japan, Bandai shifted it to large sized toys (1/60 Wing) but eventually caved and have their toys made in China like everyone else.