Shopping advice needed

Laserstorm

• 2 weeks later...

Had a problem with accessing the site, so I didn't post recently but now

here I am and with a burning question on my mind. Can you tell me which ones

are the good dealers that have a 1/60 Yamato? Anyone dealt with Digital toys and

Chibitokyo.com before? Your impressions? I would also like to know how much would an estimated guess be on a shipping for a MISB 1/60 Yamie to Serbia-Montenegro in Europe with tracking and insurance? I know I can check that at usps.com but I don't know the weight of the toys box in a protective box. Any help here? I'm asking as I had a run in with a guy that asked $14 for shipping (macross unrelated), and when the item came the shipping was $10, and he just slapped it in a zipbag and put the bag in a box, no styrofoam peanuts, no bubblewrap, nothing. Lucky for me it came in one peace.

Cheers

Laser(LAZER)storm

Since money and playability are your major issues, try hunting for a Bandai re-issue 1/55 VF-1S Super Valkyrie. Tons cheaper than the original or any 1/48, loads easier to play. Plus it is a true representation of the original wave of Macross mecha glory. All the important "stickers" have been printed on it, and the cockpit/heatshield has been redesigned for the better. Very good buy!

As much as I love the proportion and size of the 1/60's, they need quite a bit of work/modification to offset some bad design issues, and they're not "easy" to play with. 1/48's are the best only if you don't mind the wierd Battroid proportions and glassy heat shield.

1/48's are the best only if you don't mind the wierd Battroid proportions and glassy heat shield.

my sentiments exactly.

i took the FP's of one of my 1/48s the other day and no matter how i looked at it, it just looks horrible w/o them, i mean really freakin bad. the oversized chest plate pretty much ruins the entire toy. it make the arms look too skinney, the legs too skinney, basically the chest plate alone makes the whole toy look wrong, in battroid any way.

my advice, if you're gonna get a 1/48, don't bother unless you're gonna get the FP's for it. thats the only thing that'll make the battroid mode look decent.

Well, Chibitokyo sent me an email stating that the shipping fee will be $29.99 for

airmail parcel post and $39.99 for global express mail, and Digital toys says

$35.00. Sheesh, almost $90 for a toy, I must be crazy for even thinking of getting

that money. Are this shipping fees corect? Have usps prices gone up? I received a

package of 8lbs with tf's (armada Unicron, E.Starscream, E.Star Saber and

E.Skyblast) in a really huge box last year and the shipping was $41.

Also is it maybe better to go for a loose Yamato 1/60? I don't mean a yamie with

loose joints, but out of his package, in pristine condition with all access. and

transformed a couple of times. Can someone give me a price on such an item?

Also is it maybe better to go for a loose Yamato 1/60? I don't mean a yamie with

loose joints, but out of his package, in pristine condition with all access. and

transformed a couple of times. Can someone give me a price on such an item?

used 1/60's usually sell for about half(or less) of the original MSRP.

non FP 1/60's are $30 or so.

FP 1/60's are $50 or so.

if you wait on a LOT auction, you can pick them up for pretty cheap.

1/60s? loose joints? :lol:

they're all loose to begin with so it doesn't matter. :p nah seriously, the 1/60 are kind of a crap shoot. i've gotten ones that were tight as hell, and ones that were all loose straight out of the box.

also keep in mind, a lot of dudes on ebay say its MISB but everyone knows, it ain't rocket science to take the old tape off and replace it with a new piece of tape and selling it as new.

1/60s? loose joints? :lol:

they're all loose to begin with so it doesn't matter. :p nah seriously, the 1/60 are kind of a crap shoot. i've gotten ones that were tight as hell, and ones that were all loose straight out of the box.

also keep in mind, a lot of dudes on ebay say its MISB but everyone knows, it ain't rocket science to take the old tape off and replace it with a new piece of tape and selling it as new.

If that's the case I aint gonna give $80 for a floppy toy no matter how great it looks. I'll go for a loose one then. Or in the worst case I'll buy me a couple of Banpresto super valks. :angry: