Blow Superior/Brough Superior?

I was reading the Ah My Goddess Manga... and is it possible that the Blow Superior from MOSPEADA was named for the Brough Superior motercyle mentioned in this manga?

AM08-027.jpg

Just a thought.... It's a pun cause it delver's superior blows but it would be pronounced the same way in Katakana.

Edited by lord_breetai

I would like to add this from Rob Morgenstern's The Genesis Climber Mospeada Universe website (with his apologies):

The "Brough Superior" was a popular British motorcycle of the 1920's and 30's, dubbed the "Rolls Royce" of motorcycles. The original Japanese animators were apparently paying homage.

And its Broughsperior (or Blowsperior) not Blow Superior.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Personally, I'm just waiting for the first person to bring up that stale old Engrish image again. <_<<_<

Sigh. I hate this kind of endless repeated juvenile humour. If anyone brings that image up here, please at least be creative enough to come up with something a little more original.

Do I sound jaded, cranky and irritated? Post that image and you will see what jaded, cranky and irritated is.

Okay okay, back to topic. I think it's a nice touch on the studio's part and it's good to see where that stupid name came from. Nice to know.

EDIT: Speeling.

Edited by Lynx7725

I would like to add this from Rob Morgenstern's The Genesis Climber Mospeada Universe website (with his apologies):
The "Brough Superior" was a popular British motorcycle of the 1920's and 30's, dubbed the "Rolls Royce" of motorcycles. The original Japanese animators were apparently paying homage.

And its Broughsperior (or Blowsperior) not Blow Superior.

I thought on the toy packaging it said Blow Superior... guess I was wrong... Glad this Morgenstern guy agrees with my assesment though.