YF-21FP issue

promethuem5

Hi all!

I got a YF-21FP for Xmas and really like it. The Gerwalk mode is worthless tho..dont hold together at all....I dont like the Gerwalk on it anyways tho.

I read the review by Graham, and didnt have the issues he had....the gun hands fit no prooblem and the head clips down properly. I DO have a couple issues tho...

The hips are WICKED floppy....its really depressing....it stands in Battroid mode, but it takes some work. IS there any way to rectify this easily?

Also, I was trying to psoe the arms to be doing a Neo-style both guns in front of it with arms outstretched, and the left arm seems to have some kinda issue...it doesnt like to stay in the outstreched position, it literally pops outta that pose and back down...is there anything I could do to this eaither?

Thanks alot guys.

Well, if you don't mind a little work....

Take the legs off and coat the ball joints with clear nail polish.  This could also work with the shoulder sliders, but i have not tried this.

Also, make sure the nail polish is dry before you reassemble.

Yeah,

What he said and try to get a nice color nail polish that matches the nails of the battroid like glossy pink or something...

:p

God, I should be in bed by now....

Edited by Montarvillois

Have you ever tried instead of put nail poilish on the ball joint, put a thin piece of paper tissue?

or if you are feelig saucy you can use elmers glue

it'll gunk up in the joint with out doing any kind of damage to it , allowing for more stability and posey goodness :D

This work like a charm with the 1/48 RMS-1, I glued them with white glue, then I leave them fully cure. whe the glue has cured you can put them on or off at your pleasure and they will not fall so easely as before.

Edited by Ido

hmmmm....shoulda guessed that it could be clear nail polished. Lucky me <_<

Also, it cam in the box with a couple of the screw covers fallen off but in teh box, BUT one of the big screw covers that go on the leg panel pivots was completeyl gone, even with teh Fp plate convering it. stupid crappy QC.

hmmmm....shoulda guessed that it could be clear nail polished. Lucky me <_<

Also, it cam in the box with a couple of the screw covers fallen off but in teh box, BUT one of the big screw covers that go on the leg panel pivots was completeyl gone, even with teh Fp plate convering it. stupid crappy QC.

looks like yamato and toynami are more similar in this deprtment than some care too admit...

i guess the grass is'nt always greener ;)