dvd recommendations

arrow

i have to second 08th MS team. im no gundam fan but i liked the high detail, gritty work put into that series. i liked seeing gundams that had scratched paint and pilots who were real soldiers. i have to second gasaraki also.

for a strange dvd try Memories. its 3 shorts done very well. Heat Guy J is also a different series that has some suprising good points and good music i it.

Edited by HWR MKII

Uh,Megazone isn't the only one available on my list.What about in the Harlock category Arcadia of my Youth?As for the Harlock and GE 999 spin offs on dvd in the U.S. try Maetel Legend, Cosmo Warrior Zero,and Queen Emeraldas.Again all I can say about the companies that bring the stuff over less Bitch C*$ter Robin and more classic and cult stuff for love of god. And Sakura Wars I say right on with that.Great steampunk mecha anime and some sexy ass girs too.Marie,(sigh!).Sumerie please kill her off and put us out of our misery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personnally, I'd recommend the following:

- AD Police (the OVA, watching the serie is 'otpional')

- Blue Gender (you can avoid the movie version)

- BubbleGum Crisis (the OVA, not the serie, still have to see this one...)

- Gall Force (at least the first volume, the rest is cool though...)

- Gasaraki

- Grey: Digital Target

- Gunbuster

- Iria Zeiram

- Everything related to the Gundam One-Year-War era (MSG, movie trilogy, 08th MS team, 0080, 0083)

- Jin-Roh

- Legend Of Galactic Heroes

- Megazone23 trilogy

- (Osamu Tezuka's) Metropolis

- Now and Then, Here and There

- Patlabor (at least the movies)

- Silent Möbius

- Sol Bianca

- Voices of a Distant Star

- Wings of Honneamise

Marie,(sigh!).Sumerie please kill her off and put us out of our misery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off it's Maria not Marie :lol:

Secondly Sumire die? She's not that bad if you play the games or watch the musicals and get to know the real her... And she dosn't die... but check out the Sumire retirement special (anime version on DVD from Funimation), Tomizawa Michie got tired of the hectic Sakura Taisen schedule so she stepped down and retired. The official story is she lost her spirit power and returned to Kanzaki Heavy Industries to work for her father and prepair to take over the company, when it comes time.