McCains/DITTS

briscojr84

The type of menu you selected, the scrolling menu, is extremely difficult to navigate with. Maybe try a dropdown menu or something that you can use to get at all the options at once?

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I know it's hard but right now I can't find the proper HTML stuff I need for a drop down menu to work.

370379[/snapback]

I'll send you a little code snippet I've been using for that later tonight. It works wonders.

I know it's hard but right now I can't find the proper HTML stuff I need for a drop down menu to work.

370379[/snapback]

I'll send you a little code snippet I've been using for that later tonight. It works wonders.

371237[/snapback]

Thanks I appreciate it, now does anybody know how to get the bloody counter working.

Also if anyone is interested in helping me with the page I'd appreciate it, I've got tons of extra space is someone needs room:

If anybody can do the following let me know - shading, mechanical plan views, uniform drawings, RPG stats for D20, Fan Art, Fanfics and others let me know I can use all the help I can get, also if anybody wants to do reviews or article let me know.

I really like the new front page much more than the previous one. Your individual race indices still need some work, but given your changes to the front page, im sure it will turn out great.

I really like the new front page much more than the previous one.  Your individual race indices still need some work, but given your changes to the front page, im sure it will turn out great.

373527[/snapback]

Thanks, I'm going to be slowing down here a bit though to get some other stuff worked on plus I need to got through and organize some images.

Something is phenominally wrong with the applet you're using on the index.html, it locked up my entire browser for the better part of three minutes each time I've loaded it so far. You might wanna abandon that, because it deep-sixed Firefox altogether and IE froze until it finished loading.

I sent you that code snippet I promised, and an offer of helping with some of the areas your site mentions need help. The PM I sent you also has some contact info in case you wanna get in touch with some of my site's artists.

Thanks for the snippet, I'll see if that works better, as for the applet, I'll drop the scrolling marquee and see if that helps, although so far every computer I've checked it from myself seems to load just fine even AOL didn't have any problems.

Got your e-mail, would love to contribute some of my spare personnel from my own project to write reviews, make banners, etc. I also sent you three little items for your Yukikaze section.

Thanks for the help, if there are any other sections you would suggest let me know, I've been thinking about also adding brain powered, Nadia, vandread, and BGC tokyo 2040.

Okay, not much of an update really, escept for the addition of more stuff to the non-macross databases.

Most of the Macross databases will just be me finishing up the files that are there.

Enjoy.

Thanks Seto, and thank your guys for me.

Any word on the reviews yet.

Josh

I put two of my better graphics guys on your banner request, they're working on them right now and should be finished by midnight tonight.

377709[/snapback]

Minor hitch detected...

Our staff artists Hibiki (no relation to one on this site) had a minor/major computer problem. His poor choice of equipment for his work (an iMac with the Intel Core Duo processor) burned out it's video card, effectively rendering itself rather on the useless side. So he's a little behind on those banners, while the store refunds his money and he buys a real computer. He's on my Alienware laptop for the time being.

The banners are coming along real nice, we've got about eight concepts for you to look at, and I'll try and get those sent out as soon as they're finished.

Reviews, well I've got two guys writing reviews for Full Metal Panic, Macross and Mospeada right now. They're kinda slow typists but their work's pretty good. I'd say another two-three days. I'll send them in .rtf format instead of my usual .pdf.

Ouch, hope he didn't lose anything important, no hurry on the reviews I was just wondering is all, oh, do you have a small link banner for your site yet.

Thanks.

Nah, he didn't lose anything important, we keep all the site's component files backed up on a massive 10TB network drive. It did set back the launch of my new website by almost a week though, losing an entire computer like that. Unfortunately in the intervening time between my last post and this one, we lost ANOTHER computer when it's power supply died, mercifully this one was old, and on the verge of being replaced anyways.

I should have a smallish link banner for my site out to you in the package with your site's new banners in a day or two. Since I don't think I have write permissions in the FTP access to your server, I'll just drop them in a .rar or a .zip and send them from my Webmaster e-mail address.

Not a problem, computers do have a nasty habit of dying on you when you least expect it, I do have the link up for it already on my links page, a banner will definately make it look nicer though.

*crosses fingers* hope no more computer go down.

Thanks.

Woah, that index.html page of yours is IMPOSSIBLE to read. Way too visually active, and the text over that picture of the SDF-1 is well, I had to highlight it just to make sense of the fact that it really was text. Try something a little plainer behind the text, or a background that isn't visibly tiled. I'd say like a starfield, or something similar. It's just too hard to read as-is.

I know I'll probably change it back to the old background saturday night when I get home, my HTML skills suck.

Edited by briscojr84

I beg to differ, your HTML skills are pretty good for someone who doesn't do this sort of thing for a living. Your site's well organized and assembled, and the only real concerns about it are matters of visual style and that navigational applet's loading time. Maybe in time you could move towards a more advanced design, using an iframe-based layout, or maybe even flash.

Still takes me quite awhile, the only reason I get so much done is because I work 13-15 hours a day at a comic shop.

I wouldn't even know how to begin to learn how to use iframe or flash.

I beg to differ, your HTML skills are pretty good for someone who doesn't do this sort of thing for a living. Your site's well organized and assembled, and the only real concerns about it are matters of visual style and that navigational applet's loading time. Maybe in time you could move towards a more advanced design, using an iframe-based layout, or maybe even flash.

379040[/snapback]

Slight update, majority of Zolan files are at final stage.

Oh, Seto, I'm going to try and get volume three scanned in today or tomorrow.

Awesome, I'll be lookin around for those once we finish getting things set up at our new offices. We're just finishing an across-town move to some new premises, and feelin pretty leery about having to haul ten full-tower machines each weighing in total some 135lb with all accessories upstairs. It's been pretty crazy out here, since we're also expecting delivery on yet another machine.

The banners are coming along okay, there's some that need one or two more revisions before I'll let 'em sneak out the door.

Hope you got some dolly's to move that stuff, moving is never fun.

Sorry about the delay on volume three I've been on a reading binge lately.

Thanks.

Ah well, things go apace.

If you want, I can lend a hand setting up a different navigation style that's faster loading. I'm not really great with Flash-based websites, and like most programmers I have an inherent distrust of CSS, especially since it's not supported completely in some browsers, but frames is something I know and use a lot.

That would be great, but not if it's going to put you behind on your own schedule.

Ah well, things go apace.

If you want, I can lend a hand setting up a different navigation style that's faster loading. I'm not really great with Flash-based websites, and like most programmers I have an inherent distrust of CSS, especially since it's not supported completely in some browsers, but frames is something I know and use a lot.

380110[/snapback]

Hmmm... odd. For some reason the java navigation applet you're using killed my web browser. It killed Java 1.50_b9 in a big way. Had to forcibly kill the Java process and browser window using the task manager. Maybe consider using a different navigation method, like a statically aligned nav bar or a frameset?

Thanks for scanning #3, I'll get in there and pull that down sometime around midnight tonight, I hope.

Dumped the buttons and what not, hopefully that won't be a problem anymore, also a bit of an update for anyone who cares, new format for pages since I got rid of the buttons, easier format, the only indexes available at the moment are Zolan and AUN.