Any Old School Magic The Gathering Player?

Ladic

Time Walk Card of the Day - Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Alpha rare.

Early playtest versions of this card read "Target player loses next turn," which was supposed to mean your opponent skipped his next turn. Of course, it was misconstrued to mean he lost the game on his next turn, and was changed to the printed wording.

from the wizard website...

yay... im not going crazy. they did change it then i guess... :(

that was so amusing too. :lol:

hmmm, guess I got the standard production version then... it IS an Alpha Card. I remember that much. My set, unfortunately, is in Arkansas so I cannot double check it now (now you have me wanting to!). I have some Betas too, but I keep them separately

I knew some kids in the dorms that played this game. It was WAY to slow for me. Also, I felt like so many people that were really into this game were hardcore dorks, and I was always into some, not necessarily in style stuff.

I knew some kids in the dorms that played this game. It was WAY to slow for me. Also, I felt like so many people that were really into this game were hardcore dorks, and I was always into some, not necessarily in style stuff.

Yeah, there are some people that take it to the ultimate extreme (those fools who carry a small sack on their waist at all times, ready to game whenever)... I enjoyed it for a while, but it got uber expensive to keep collecting EVERY new set that came out.

Ultimately, the game depended on how much money you were willing to spend on it, which is why I got out of it. The only card game I'm interested these days that doesn't require a regular poker deck is Illuminati, which thankfully isn't collectable (anymore anyway).

I knew some kids in the dorms that played this game.  It was WAY to slow for me.  Also, I felt like so many people that were really into this game were hardcore dorks, and I was always into some, not necessarily in style stuff.

Yeah, there are some people that take it to the ultimate extreme (those fools who carry a small sack on their waist at all times, ready to game whenever)... I enjoyed it for a while, but it got uber expensive to keep collecting EVERY new set that came out.

hahah... in the dorm?

i must say, if u were a "hardcore" player in college, that mustve been pretty dorky.

i played in middle school and thankfully i was never ran into anyone dorky enuf to carry a waist sack and was ready to play... and we were little kids too! hahah... :D

well, because of the rarity of my cards, i never brought them to school. just like Skull Leader, i enjoyed it for a bit myself but just like everyone else it was too expensive and pointless to keep collecting every set that wizard would pump out every 2 minutes. those money grubby bastards. <_<

JELEINEN is right. magic became a game of money than anything else. oh well, good thing i quit.

now to sell off my cards...

you still know those dorks Agent ONE? :lol:

What's so special about the Black Lotus card?  I read the card description, but I don't know anything about Magic the Gathering so it didn't make any sense ;-[.

Basically you can add 3 ANY COLORED mana to your mana pool. This can help you tremendously in casting gold cards (multi colored) killer cards easily. Or just give you free 3 mana. Nowadays you don't get mana for free. You pay with your life or cards or something.

no big deal really....just that its uber rare.

Edited by wolfx