Anyone tried Clear recast

Sam

I know it sounds kinda stupid, but has anyone tried this? I would love my 1/60 a lot more if i had a way of seeing the cockpit and NOT having to change the heatshield. I think it would be great if someone had tried to make the heatshield clear, maybe even making the raised section a bit flater, so it looked good in both modes and could still transform.

So any recasters done this?

I know it sounds kinda stupid, but has anyone tried this? I would love my 1/60 a lot more if i had a way of seeing the cockpit and NOT having to change the heatshield. I think it would be great if someone had tried to make the heatshield clear, maybe even making the raised section a bit flater, so it looked good in both modes and could still transform.

Are you talking clear heat shield, or clear chestplate.

If clear heatshield is what you want, go get some Thermaform, and make a copy of any existing heat shield. It would be a little thin, but you would get the desired effect.

If you want a clear chestplate, to be honest, you're not talking about a PG Gundam kit here. All you would see with a clear chesplate would be the sliding die cast bar, and a couple of screws.

I got one better - how about a non-removeable heat shield? Now, who could have done that... Oh, wait, it was me. :D Since I don't have any pics on me, here's the write up Nam Ngo did on his Valkyrie Factory website...

Non-removeable heat shield

thats were they went.

you deleted them from your webspace...i was tryign to find them for that one "any customs websties" thread.

you gotta make that valkyrie skunkworks thing. stat!

Are you talking clear heat shield, or clear chestplate.

Clear Heatshield.

I want to transform from Fighter to Battroid and not have to remove the cockpit canopy and replace with the battroid heatshield...

Oh yeh, Fulcy, Bloody nice mod to your yammie. Thats looks damm awesome! Looks like it could be a tad fragile? But hey, if you can do it, maybe Yamato will too? = )

thanks for the input. Too bad no one has actually made it before though.

I thought people were just transforming it with the heatshield on when these things first came out. I'm trying to transform mine now, but it looks like I need the instructions. I think I have a copy on my hard drive somewhere :p