Studio HalfEye Releases

AlphaHX

I currently have a SHE YF-19 that looks to me is from the 1st release from the information I gathered in an old thread and a SHE VF-19 custom. The YF-19 is casted in a yellowish tan resin and my SHE VF-19 custom is casted in a white resin. I would assume the YF-19 yellowish tan resin would have been a better cast since it was from the 1st release. But when comparing the two, the white resin seemed to have a denser, heavier, and stronger feeling to it. :ph34r:

My question to those who have multiple SHE kits is which has better quality resin, the tan colored resin or the white resin? :huh:

I wish I could help :( as I have nothing to do or anyone to speak to at work currently ;)

Boring....yeah, anyone out there to shed some lights? I am interested too, as I want to get the SHE YF-19 perfect variable!

Andy :)

PS Het AlphaHX, plan to sell your kit?

the color of the resin sometimes has no bearing on the quality.

what I mean is

the manufacturer could have used the same quality resin, but just a different color.

and since we are talking about SHE, I believe standards are kept across the board.

Noel

so i am imagining things. i could swear one of them is so much heavier denser. im going crazy. :blink:

I wish I could help :( as I have nothing to do or anyone to speak to at work currently ;)

Boring....yeah, anyone out there to shed some lights? I am interested too, as I want to get the SHE YF-19 perfect variable!

Andy :)

PS Het AlphaHX, plan to sell your kit?

the YF-19?... or the VF-19?

im assuming the YF-19.

eh... hmm... i dunno. i might consider it if the price is right. ^_^

One other thing to keep an eye out for is the canopy that is included with the kit. As far as I can tell, all the SHE YF-19's came with a clear resin cast canopy except for the 'Thanks Campaign' re-release version (which were vacuformed). Compare your YF-19 and VF-19 to see the difference.

One other thing to keep an eye out for is the canopy that is included with the kit. As far as I can tell, all the SHE YF-19's came with a clear resin cast canopy except for the 'Thanks Campaign' re-release version (which were vacuformed). Compare your YF-19 and VF-19 to see the difference.

dunno how this is related but yeah the canopies are different. :huh:

I got all mine as they came out so I don't think I have any of the 'Thanks Campaign' re-release versions. I was expecting them to be identical as all the SHE kits I've seen are top notch quality. As rkiyo pointed out there apparently were some differences but I've never really heard anyone say the quality was better or worse for the re-releases.

Carl