Club-M YF-19 Two different boart designs?

Valk009

Just noticed in the models section of the MW website that the Club-M 1/72 YF-19 comes in two different boxart designs :huh:

So, is the colour box the first release and the rarer one? I only have and seen the black & white box with pink writing ;)

Can anyone shed some light?

:)

Edited by Valk009

I have the kit and must say that it is great.

Okay, if you want an easy to build (in comparison) and slightly sleeker in design then go for the Hasegawa kits, not to mention that they only cost a fraction.

If you want to build one with all the weapons and open engine bay etc then the Club-M kit is your only bet!

I have the kit and must say that it is great.

Okay, if you want an easy to build (in comparison) and slightly sleeker in design then go for the Hasegawa kits, not to mention that they only cost a fraction.

If you want to build one with all the weapons and open engine bay etc then the Club-M kit is your only bet!

i already have the hasegawa kit.

imo its a GREAT kit for ~$25.

the 19 is my favorite valkyrie and im a sucker for the open engine and the extra goodies. <_<:p

is the nose on the clubm really swooped down like it is in the picture? its also shorter than the hasegawa kit. as cool as the clubm one is, i like the nose on the hasegawa kit a lot better. :(

Edited by AlphaHX

The nose on the Hasegawa kit is actually a little more aerodynamic but the Club-M is not that bad at all!

The Club-M's nose is slightly more slanted too but from certain angle it appears to be better looking than the Hase. The Hase sometimes appears to be too stretched!

So, is the colour box the first release and the rarer one?

I believe so. I don't have the colored box myself but I believe the two kits are identical. The black and white box was just a re-release of the kit. I guess they thought they could save a little money on the box with the second release. I don't know the number of kits in each release but it sure seems like there are more of the black and white boxes out there.

Carl

Blackaces is right....

The Black/White artbox is the original release that carried a price tag at 16800.

The Coloured Boxart is the 2nd release priced at 18000 Yen if I recalled correctly.

Both kit are the same... However, the molding of the 2nd release is not as good compared to the 1st.

IMHO,

Barkeet