newbie answers threads

The Teaser

Guys, with the greatest respect, the reasons newbies and relative newbies such as myself often get turned off by searching for the answers on the boards, is that the search function only identifies the thread - *then* you have to hunt through 300 smart-a$$ posts to get to the information which occurs at a frequency about 1 in 8 posts. I nearly posted this in the sticky which is just as bad, but i reconsidered. Just a thought, ignore me if you want.

Guys, with the greatest respect, the reasons newbies and relative newbies such as myself often get turned off by searching for the answers on the boards, is that the search function only identifies the thread - *then* you have to hunt through 300 smart-a$$ posts to get to the information which occurs at a frequency about 1 in 8 posts. I nearly posted this in the sticky which is just as bad, but i reconsidered. Just a thought, ignore me if you want.

This is a very valid gripe. We need to make a info only FAQ. No smart comments just information. I`ve tried using the search function before and its not very helpful. Signal to noise ratio is frequently very poor. I`ve been guilty of making noise myself.

Are you kidding? This is a very anti-clutter board. That's how Shawn likes it run.

I've had no problems using the search engine to find specific answers, make sure you have the right options checked too. This is a message board, if you can't learn to ignore smart remarks... maybe this is the wrong environment. :)

Also, the newbie answer thread is interactive... YOU post YOUR question... and it gets answered... woo.

Heh... n00bz... :rolleyes:

:lol:

UPDATE FROM EWILEN PM-

Since you locked the thread in the feedback forum, I can't add this--I wonder if you might edit it into your last response. Namely--the key option to select when searching is "show results as posts".

--Elliot

People here are very helpful. That's why we have n00b Q&A threads. :)