Spawn & Spawn 2 anime

vf1_soulja

For all the Spawn fans - I just picked up the Spawn & Spawn2 DVDs from Best Buy for $5.99 each. Pretty cheap if you ask me. They're not new versions, they're the HBO anime from a few years back. I really enjoyed watching the whole Spawn story all over again.

I saw that in Best Buy, too. Picked up animated Spawn 1 and 2, since I already have 3, and got Grumpier Old Men while I was at it. Very nice, cheap surprise.

There's a Spawn 3 on DVD? I gotta get that one, but I didnt see it at Best Buy. Then again I picked up the Spawn set as a impulse buy (that & it was dirt cheap). I was actually shopping for a new HDTV.

3 seasons=3 dvd's

Recommended viewing if you haven't seen it before.

Edited by Anubis

That's funny. I don't remember Spawn being made into an anime. I only know of the Spawn cartoon series by HBO.

Actually it is the HBO "cartoon" series. Guess it really isnt classified as "anime" since it's not of japanese origin.

edit: yes OE, they are the uncut versions.

Edited by vf1_soulja

I would actually like to see a japanese take on Spawn. I felt this show (the american HBO one) was very heavy-handed, stereotypical and way too over the top for it's own good. Much of the cartoon feels forced and a lot of the dialogue is predictable. A lot of scenes feature ultra-violence and nudity it seems just because they can... then again it is what it is.

You sort of need to be a Spawn fan to get much out of it other than mindless blood, guts and boobs. Since it got canned before it finished you have not much to look forward to since the story wanders in and out of a plot and then just sort of sputters to a halt without finishing.

The animation is top notch american style though, if you like good animation it won't dissapoint... but it you want your story to have a point and an ending you had best start reading the comics as the animation will just punk out on you.

In the end I prefer the animated MAXX show better.