Help me macrossworld

SpacePirateNeko:

Man i feel, almost word for word, exactly how you do. i'm actually in colege for animation and digital illustraition and i feel way outa my leage. i'm totally unsure of myself and I just totaly related to what you had to say.

I go to Cogswell Polytechnical in Sunnyvale near San Fran. Might want to check it out they have some good programs (and a great new president).

(art schools are a definate place to hide any kind of approval for the miilitary.) <_<

Dude...

I would suggest a Community/Junior College first. Its cheaper. Dont worry about going to a University until you're an upperclassman.....unless you wanna do the dorm thing and live on campus and do campus stuff (its not for everyone). Otherwise...go CC or JC...but just realise that it can be like HS 2.0 in some cases (at least it was for me).

GET YOUR A.S./A.A. FIRST!

I cannot stress that enough. Get all your underclassman courses out of the way first and then you can concentrate on your major field(s) of study. It will make your life alot easier once you get to be an upperclassman.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Actually this is quite funny but the guys in my platoon loved me and my artistic abilities. You quickly become everyone's favorite Corporal when you can draw whatever they wanted on the inside of their LBE vests, on their gear, etc. I remember "my work" got so infamous at one point that battalion sent out a notice to all units that "display of artwork or drawing on your gear is technically defacing it and will be punished". Despite that I spent a whole week painting a shark mouth and eyes on the front of one of the tanks just because a major wanted it. :lol:

In the military if you can A) tell jokes, B) draw things for your friends or C) buy beers or snacks for your friends you are instant gold.

I was just kiddin', JSA. I had visions of Sgt. Hartman yelling at Neko and calling Sissy boy Van Gogh and threatening to cut his ear off if he didn't make his bed properly.

But then again, I spent my youth touring America in a funk band watching too many movies to have any idea what military life is actually like outside of Kubrick films. :p

I was just kiddin', JSA. I had visions of Sgt. Hartman yelling at Neko and calling Sissy boy Van Gogh and threatening to cut his ear off if he didn't make his bed properly.

And that would be any normal DI I ever had the misfortune to cross. I had a DI in basic that gave nicknames to everyone in the training platoon, mine was Pretty Boy. My best friend in Basic's nickname was Too Slow because he did everything too slowly. It was common to hear things like "Pretty Boy! Quit talking to Too Slow and get your ass in gear!" or "Hey One Tooth, aim at the targets not at the berms!" Once you figure out they can't actually hit you or physically harm you it all just becomes white noise... and once you are out of Basic and out of MOS training and "into the field" you never encounter the harshness of a DI ever again. Unless you count by-the-numbers butterbars giving you a hard time or some papercut sergent lording his stripes on you. Once "deployed" you really only see the same group of guys day in and day out, especially if you are in a field unit sitting in a truck trying to find your location on a map in the middle of the night. :p