Question about Orguss 02

Sumdumgai

Alright, I've spent the past eight or nine years looking for the CD soundtrack for Orguss 02, ever since I saw the American release by Manga Video back in 95.

Alright, here's my question. Is the music in the original Orguss 02 different from the Manga Video release? Because I've never seen the original, and the music on the soundtrack I finally got, is NOT at all the same music as what I heard when watching the Manga release...

I've got a bad feeling that Manga really deserves the title of Mangle Video afterall... :( *sigh* Man, this is one of the biggest let downs I've had. Nine years and I find out that the thing I was searching for for so long, isn't really what I thought it was.

As far as I know, the Manga release never put out a cd soundtrack. I went through the same thing, after years I finally found a copy of the original Japanese release, assuming the music was the same, only to find out it's completely(or mostly?) different.

This is a really strange case, this might be the only anime series re-released outside Japan, that has improved music. It's the opening and closing songs that I most wanted, they were re-done by Manga apparently. I don't say that easily, almost never does messing with the original music work, but in this case, I think they pulled it off.

I never even suspected the opening and closing songs weren't Japanese, the singer is herself Japanese(the band is American I think). So now I'm just pissed Manga didn't release a cd and I doubt they ever would, that series isn't exactly a big money maker. :(

As far as I know, the Manga release never put out a cd soundtrack. I went through the same thing, after years I finally found a copy of the original Japanese release, assuming the music was the same, only to find out it's completely(or mostly?) different.

This is a really strange case, this might be the only anime series re-released outside Japan, that has improved music. It's the opening and closing songs that I most wanted, they were re-done by Manga apparently. I don't say that easily, almost never does messing with the original music work, but in this case, I think they pulled it off.

I never even suspected the opening and closing songs weren't Japanese, the singer is herself Japanese(the band is American I think). So now I'm just pissed Manga didn't release a cd and I doubt they ever would, that series isn't exactly a big money maker. :(

Yeah, for once I think that the new music is better. When I sat there listening through the cd, going track by track, my horror kept mounting. It wasn't till I got through the whole cd that I started screaming.

:lol: Yeah, I was looking for the opening and ending songs, but I also wanted the "new" music from the series period.

I know what you mean about them probably never releasing a soundtrack.

*sigh* Guess that's life.

Got the info I needed. Mods you can lock/close/delete this thread. Thanks for the info guys!