Macross Styled Planes

Goth Kitty 22

We've already seen macross planes in photorealistic shots.

I'm interested in seeing real planes made to resemble fictional ones.

To keep this from getting confusing, the pics are not of:

Modified variants of Macross planes

Other fictional planes

Here is a Sukhoi S-37 Berkut made to resemble the YF-19

image012.jpg

Large pic showing more detail

I've seen an F-23 painted to look like a YF-21 in a magazine before.

Edited by Goth Kitty 22

Would modern planes flown under the UN SPACY flag count (a la Shin's F-14)?

I'm currently working on a F/A-35 JSF flown against Anti-UN forces during the same time frame as Macross Zero.

Will post pics when done.

Sean

Edited by whytwolf

Sure.

You just don't see something like this too often. I mean there are many fictional planes. Some are even cooler than valks in some respects. And we've seen obscure variants and modifications of valks. But not too many "real" planes modified to suggest overtechnology.

Check this out:

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/q0132.shtml

I wonder if this bends my own rules a bit.

the swing wing 22 looks a little like a stealthed twin tail F111. the 111 was designed for the navy and turned out to be too heavy for carrier use(like the 14 it was needed to carry the huge phoenix missile) and given to the air force.it would have been a weird twist of fate to take an AF designed acft and turn it into a navy acft. oh yeah it happened the YF17 (now the F18 hornet) was the competition for the role the 16 got.

the tbirds have always eventually replaced their acft with the newest and most agile acft to show off the latest thing at their shows. it wont be soon but it will happen. even the blue angles do it. they went from the extremely agile a4 to the 18 . the birds will eventually do the same once the fighter is in service. im not saying they are going to do it in the next 2 years. the acft isnt even in full service yet. i just think it would be an interesting model to see since were on the subject of actual acft in macross schemes. i just used the tbird for a reference , not fact, to give someone ideas

Edited by HWR MKII

the tbirds have always eventually replaced their acft with the newest and most agile acft to show off the latest thing at their shows. it wont be soon but it will happen. even the blue angles do it. they went from the extremely agile a4 to the 18 . the birds will eventually do the same once the fighter is in service. im not saying they are going to do it in the next 2 years. the acft isnt even in full service yet. i just think it would be an interesting model to see since were on the subject of actual acft in macross schemes. i just used the tbird for a reference , not fact, to give someone ideas

OK!!! But you should know this:

The F-18s used by the Blue Angels are F-18a, yes "A" we are talking about the oldest model of the F-18 and the ones that have more flying hours. No words about changing to a C or the newest E model.

And the Thunderbirs use the F-16C block 30 and 32, and they change the F-16A to the C model in 1993, that´s 10 years ago and they are still flying the same aircraft.

Even if there is any chance to change the F-16 to another aircraft, this would be the X-35 which is smaller and more and agile that the F-22.

Regards