help with 1/48 please

geecie30

My hand (prong)broke off in this little 1/48 yamato squarish/blockish piece.I couldn't seem to separate the little blockish piece which anchors the hands and folds in during transformation.I would like to get the broken prong out of it.any suggestions?Thanks.

on the diagram below the light blue piece I cannot seem to separate from the yellow piece so that I can extract the broken prong.

Another thing I wanted to address is that the forearm has a screw that you must remove to get inside the forearm.It seems like you should be able to put the parts together with out the screw,but it seems like the whole arm is actually drawn together by the screw it seems like that screw is the point where all the presure is and with out the screw the whole forearm explodes into pieces(not that dramatic).Whats with this?:huh:

post-4-1093050319_thumb.jpg

Edited by geecie30

You can try drilling it out with a small bit. A dremel tool would probably work nicely. I have actually popped that piece out before with a little force. If you don't want to force it just remove the screw and take the arm apart.

I did take the arm apart and the piece in the diagram was where the broken hand pole is stuck.i was wondering if the square piece in the arm can be taken apart the little grey piece feels like it is glued.the square piece is made of two parts as the diagram shows, :huh:

so I'm still stuck :unsure:

Edited by geecie30

Mods, please close this thread it is making yamato look bad. Geecie30 same thing happen to me too. I will PM you on some options I used to fix it.

wtf? Lock a thread cuz it makes Yamato look bad? Where is that in the rule books?

I can agree that this topic could have gone on the what's wrong with my Yamato thread but locking a thread because of some stupid reason is just incomprehensible. This thread would probably still be locked but... whatever...

Geecie, your drawing is inaccurate. Piece # 1 is the gray part that covers piece # 2 in fighter. It goes on the other side of the hand. Number 2 is to swivel the hand around. Both parts serve a purpose.

There's no need for drilling. The gray piece comes off and you can push the piece out with a clip. Is it the TV hand? (judging from the drawing) or a regular one? If its the TV hand then you can order the TV hands from Rohby. They're actually a lot better. If they are the regular ones then maybe someone has a replacement.

If its a must go ahead and snuff this post. no prob :D

you are right about the grey piece being on the other side, EXO :)

but thats where my question lies too.You communicated that the little grey piece can come off.I'm trying to figure out how.

As far as Yamato is concerned ,this is no complaint about yamato.I was just surprised that the screw on the forearm had to hold all that pressure,and if you take that arm screw off there is alot of spring outward pressure,that makes reassembly kind of trickey.The fat-hand-prong broke off in the arm hole which doesn't reflect craftsmanship on yamatos.I love them.The tv fat hands are recasts.They were damaged during shipping I super glued the hands prong and waited an hour for the glue to dry.When I thought the glue was tough enough,I inserted the hands on the arm hole I was adjusting the hands to a nice position and the recast hands prong broke off in the hole. Myabe Exo will help me figure out how to separate the grey piece from the the white piece

Edited by geecie30

On all mine, the gray piece just snaps off. Maybe a sharp exacto can help you. As for the hands, give me one of your pics and I'll send you a replacement. ;)

BTW... the hand prongs were made thicker on purpose. It does not slide in there right when you recieve them. You have to shave the sides off them little by little. until it's just right.

Edited by >EXO<

I took off the grey piece.Thank you EXO .I only have one 1/48 so this is my jem.I was initially affraid to pry the grey piece off..I thought perhaps it was glued from the factory.After getting the little guy out, I superglued the prong back on and shaved some of the prong down it.I even tryed to bend the part I glued ,to see if it would break but this time I waited a few hours for the glue to dry instead of a half hour like before.The hands seems to be ok now . I feel, fat-hands should be cast with steel rods of appropriate diameter.Just a sugestion if possible to any one recasting hands.Iam really not into the fist tv hands I like the open tv hands because they remind me of hikaru reaching out to pick up Minmay

Iam also sick of My first chosen word "prong" I just couldn't think of a better word !!!

post-4-1093079974.jpg

Edited by geecie30

stub, plug, nub. male connection.

Anyway, we entertained the metal reinforcement idea, but at the ned decided against it. more time, cost and the fact that it was uneccessary. A lot of people felt that it was strong enough, even as strong as the rubbery originals. The secret is to shave it to the correct size and it'll have resistance from the "female" recepticle.