Mika Kaneko....

CamuiGackt

I absolutely love Marii Ijima's music, but even more so, Mika Kaneko's. Her balads in the Macross I and II soundtracks are so very sublime. Anyone else care to chat about this? I am new, by the way. Any comments welcome. :D

"Lust never satisfies, but true love always satisfies."

Edited by CamuiGackt

Hello? Anyone?...

*crickets chirp in the background*

Are you talking about the singer that did Ishtar's songs for Macross II? If so, then I agree that she has a great voice, and in some songs she even sounds way better than Mari Iijima. It's a pity she was attached to such a unpopular production, because the songs were so good they could have done better in any other Macross series. I've been trying to find albums by her and by Chie Kajiura for the longest time.

Are you talking about the singer that did Ishtar's songs for Macross II?  If so, then I agree that she has a great voice, and in some songs she even sounds way better than Mari Iijima.  It's a pity she was attached to such a unpopular production, because the songs were so good they could have done better in any other Macross series.  I've been trying to find albums by her and by Chie Kajiura for the longest time.

I think Mika did the opening and the closing songs in MII, but not Ishtar's songs.

Hiroko Kasahara is listed as the one that played Ishtar and sang the Ishtar songs.

Edited by treatment

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all. At least I know I am not alone now. lol

Mika Kaneko rules, I forget which songs she sang because the titles were mostly Japanese, but her voice, oh, her voice...if only I could marry a 50-year old woman and overlook her looks for her voice! Okay, her voice is not that good...but it is still great.

All I know is that she only sang in Macross II, and I can't even find a fan page or anything for her! What a shame...