Full Metal alchemist

I just read up to chapter ~40 (the latest one) of the manga and have seen up to ep 44 of the anime and WOW they aren't even relativly similar anymore!?!?! the plots have completly branched off characters have died in the comic and are alive in the TV show. Events are done differently.

But what version of the story do you like the most? I think the TV show is doing the best job keeping the characters presented (I.E. scar...) while the comic has left out or simply killed characters. But I think the manga presents a better plot these last few chapters have been extremlly intense while the latest TV eps (since scar stuff) have just been ehh...boring... and the TV show is ending in a few more eps (52 is the count I believe).

So which do you prefer?

oh wow yes it does I said the same thing when I started to read it but now its sorta like even moreso a retelling as DYRL was to Macross TV.

HUGE SPOILERS!!!!

Tucker the life-sewing alchemist -

anime- still alive... I think... I dont think he was turned into the philosophers stone

comic- head exploded never came back.

Greeds death-

Anime- Ed kills him

comic- is killed like 5 times by pride...(fuhrer) then brought to this room where you see Ed and Al's dad who is the father to the homocleus and is killed there sorta reminded me of the way cartoons died in Who framed rodger rabbit.

Ed and Al's father-

anime- seems to be fighting against the homocleus and just recently appeared

comic- commands the homocleus to do his bidding he is their "father"

Philosophers stones as homocleus life source stuff-

anime- they turn people into them and eat them

comic- have one inside of them that keeps them alive

Hughes death-

Died the same way BUT in the anime they are still researching his death in the manga Mustang went psychotic and killed whats her face (the girl who was ordered to protect al/ed during the 5th laboratory incidet) pretty gruesomly.

Fuheres secretary (homoclues forgot name)

anime- is ed/al's mistake made from their mothers remains

comic- is some wierdo who hasn't even been shown besides one pic but in that IS NO way their mother... looks more like a threatening gluttony...

Most recent plot arcs-

anime- after greeds death ed goes off to find scar (insert stuff) scar transmutates like a army into the pholosophers stone into al. scar dies/ kimbly dies/ lots of people die

Comic- after greeds death ed/al run into a man from Xing (another country) who is looking for the secret to immortality. Scar is completly out of the picture... Mustang and crew are fighting the homoclues and armstrong just took ed away to *forgot where*

END SPOILERS

so yeah.... it REALLY branches off